Hello. Could anyone help me? I changed, tree weeks ago, from apple iPhone to BlackBerry - the reason seems obvious. Since three weeks I try to establish a connection to the BlackBerry "BOX", "DropBox" and my Protonmail account. Nothing is working. For "Box" I was able to set up but then I stuck on the site where I have to allow the connection - nothing is going further.
    Protonmail app is to find on google play store but I can't install the play store - download is not working.
    Oh yes, I read the guides, I tried out to find answers on the internet and I tried to contact BlackBerry France but this is not working either (contact only over BBM but what kind of PIN they ask for?
    If anyone could HELP please. I'll be ready to pay for your help.
    I am not interested in google plays. I need my mobil phone for my work and I need a secured phone - that's why BlackBerry. The classic is small enough and the keyboard great.
    Thank you.
    07-31-19 04:01 AM
    07-31-19 05:46 AM
    "DropBox"
    DropBox will work (but not with File Manager) through the Basket app in BBW but there is some workaround needed to get it going. Watch the dev's video demo in the apps description. As mentioned, the Box app will NOT work and neither will Connect to OneDrive although with yet another workaround you can use an android app version of OneDrive (see CB forum for this workaround). The best you can do for Box is to use an android browser (such as Kiwi) and create a desktop icon from the Box mobile website login page. Sorry can't help with ProtonMail but there are post here on CB discussing this subject.
    cvn33 likes this.
    07-31-19 08:02 AM
    Hello. Could anyone help me? I changed, tree weeks ago, from apple iPhone to BlackBerry - the reason seems obvious. .
    Sorry but no they don't seem obvious.... If you wanted a BlackBerry and a KEYboard... the obvious choice would have been a newer BBMo KEY device.

Classic was a great phone five years ago... but unlike your iPhone the BB10 platform never was very mature and has been fading for the last few years.
    07-31-19 08:18 AM
    Setup e-mail through the hub, if you haven't done so at all. Do it manually (if automatic does NOT work), if you must, make a device/app specific password. As for onedrive, box or dropbox, you'll need an android device (OR grab Awesome Launcher from blackberry world, install, refresh the application listing, launch the "browser" (the other one with a similar but different logo), and it's the android one, so you'll have access (OR NOT) to drop/box or one drive.

That's the best advice I can offer. Cheers.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    cvn33 likes this.
    07-31-19 10:14 PM
    Hello. Could anyone help me? I changed, tree weeks ago, from apple iPhone to BlackBerry - the reason seems obvious. Since three weeks I try to establish a connection to the BlackBerry "BOX", "DropBox" and my Protonmail account. Nothing is working. For "Box" I was able to set up but then I stuck on the site where I have to allow the connection - nothing is going further.
    Protonmail app is to find on google play store but I can't install the play store - download is not working.
    Oh yes, I read the guides, I tried out to find answers on the internet and I tried to contact BlackBerry France but this is not working either (contact only over BBM but what kind of PIN they ask for?
    If anyone could HELP please. I'll be ready to pay for your help.
    I am not interested in google plays. I need my mobil phone for my work and I need a secured phone - that's why BlackBerry. The classic is small enough and the keyboard great.
    Thank you.
    Hey cvn,

I'm totally with you on switching off iPhone to Blackberry--the reason IS obvious, but some persist in believing Android can offer security.

Let's take these one at a time:

1. The native Box and Dropbox apps unfortunately no longer work. Here are your options:

a. You can use the Android versions of these apps.

b. You can map your Blackberry Classic as a network drive and set your computer's
    Box/Dropbox apps to sync to it when on your home or work networks.

c. You can use Blackberry Link's Remote File Access feature to get to your
    Dropbox/Box folders via your computer over a cellular or wireless connection.

2. Protonmail is somewhat more difficult, as they only offer app access to my knowledge and previous efforts to get that app working were unsuccessful. But I'm happy to give it another go if you like.
    cvn33 likes this.
    08-01-19 06:03 AM
    Hello "TrumpetTiger" Thank you very much for your answer. Maybe just some words about me to start with. I'am a prof. Photographer and working with Apple. Will say I know nothing about computers, cellphones etc. They have to work - and so you see well my difficulties.

I need access to my proton mail account and - if possible - access to Dropbox.
    Android versions of these apps.: If I understood well I need to have "Google Play Store" on my device, in order to download "Protonmail app".
    I created an google account but it is not possible to install "Google Play Store" and for that reason it is not possible to install any android app. OK - I hate google - but I tried seriously.

To make it short: Could you help me?
    I don't know if I have the right to send one E-Mail address on this page to you???
    It took me 1/2 of un hour to find my tread again.

Best regards
    Christian
    08-01-19 02:18 PM
    You can use the Android versions of these apps.
    May as well use the native BB app "Basket" in BBW for DropBox. Works well with minimal resources used.
    08-01-19 02:54 PM
    Hello "TrumpetTiger" Thank you very much for your answer. Maybe just some words about me to start with. I'am a prof. Photographer and working with Apple. Will say I know nothing about computers, cellphones etc. They have to work - and so you see well my difficulties.

I need access to my proton mail account and - if possible - access to Dropbox.
    Android versions of these apps.: If I understood well I need to have "Google Play Store" on my device, in order to download "Protonmail app".
    I created an google account but it is not possible to install "Google Play Store" and for that reason it is not possible to install any android app. OK - I hate google - but I tried seriously.

To make it short: Could you help me?
    I don't know if I have the right to send one E-Mail address on this page to you???
    It took me 1/2 of un hour to find my tread again.

Best regards
    Christian
    Hi Christian,

I'll see what I can do on ProtonMail. You don't actually need to have the Google Play Store installed to download the app as there are multiple third-party app stores, but it sounds like you want your stuff to "just work" (which I completely understand!) so I'm going to see if I can provide some direct links for you if I can get ProtonMail up and running.

You might try the native BB10 app "Basket" in Blackberry World to get to Dropbox. My understanding was authentication was no longer working on that, but it's worth checking out as Brookie suggests. Failing that we can definitely set up a way for you to access Dropbox most of the time.

If you'd like to contact me directly, just click on my username on orange at the top of any of my posts, then click on PM in blue to the right of Posts in the pop-up window. This will take you to a window where you can compose a direct message to me and we can coordinate directly there if you like.
    08-01-19 05:17 PM
    Hey cvn,

I'm totally with you on switching off iPhone to Blackberry--the reason IS obvious, but some persist in believing Android can offer security.

Let's take these one at a time:

1. The native Box and Dropbox apps unfortunately no longer work. Here are your options:

a. You can use the Android versions of these apps.

b. You can map your Blackberry Classic as a network drive and set your computer's
    Box/Dropbox apps to sync to it when on your home or work networks.

c. You can use Blackberry Link's Remote File Access feature to get to your
    Dropbox/Box folders via your computer over a cellular or wireless connection.

2. Protonmail is somewhat more difficult, as they only offer app access to my knowledge and previous efforts to get that app working were unsuccessful. But I'm happy to give it another go if you like.
    Protonmail does not work with the Android Runtime on BB10 any longer. I use it with the Kiwi browser on BlackBerry Passport and it works.

Posted via CB10
    cvn33 likes this.
    08-02-19 09:03 AM
    Thank you very much for the answer. "KIWI Browser" - could not find it in BlackBerry World. Where can I find it? Thank you.
    08-02-19 04:25 PM
    Thank you very much for the answer. "KIWI Browser" - could not find it in BlackBerry World. Where can I find it? Thank you.
    Its an android app and is not in BBW. Here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/geomet...-apk-download/

If the above version does not work well for you try an older version on the same web site: APKmirror. For your info, many older apps from this android store will work on BB10. Not all, of course, but it's a good place to look and try.
    08-03-19 08:59 AM
    Hey cvn,

For anyone who finds this thread, I thought I'd also chime in with BEOL Browser. It's an Android app but specifically designed for BB10 and is confirmed to work with ProtonMail.

https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...owser/releases
    08-05-19 06:25 PM