Hi guys. I have the following problem:
    I would like to use the pokemon go app, but my bbQ10 isnt able to display it correctly. So i want to use an older smartphone for that, but i have no sim for that phone, so i had the idea to use my Q10 as a mobile hotspot for it. My question now is: is a Q10 using more data traffic of my flatrate than normal if im using it as a mobile hotspot? The pokemon go app is using a lot data volume by itself. If the hotspot would add some it would kill my flatrate. Is the used data volume in mobile hotspot mode the same as if i would just use the phone or ist it higher in a way because of hotspot mode? So is hotspot mode kind of "adding" data usage or not? Help is appreciated, thanks guys!
    07-09-16 04:06 PM
    Thnk yoou for your answers! So am i getting this right? The Mobile Hotspot function itself doesn`t add usage of data volume, but the fact that im using two phones via one connection will affect my data usage because both phones will have running processes in backgrund etc.
    Correct. Background and foreground. In other words, as long as you don't assume your data used is just what's happening on the screen and plan accordingly, you'll be fine.

But is this a lot of usage, if im just using one phone and the other phone stays in my pocket just sending the internet connection? And is the sending of the internet connection using data volume too in a way or doesn`t affect it the usage itself?
    Again, there's no extra data used just in the process of hotspot--it's what you do with that data plus what's happening on the provider device that determines total data consumed.

So, as an example, if your Q10 uses 50mb of data and your other phone 200mb off the Q10 hotspot, your billed data should be somewhere around 250mb.

On top of that i have a screen on my blackberry which tells me the data usage of the shared connection. It says "send" xxKB and "received" xxKB. Which number tells me the usage of my internet flat? Is it just the number at "received" or the sum of both?
    I'm not sure what "internet flat" means, but your total data consumed is the sum of uploads and downloads.
    No, hotspot does not add any extra data consumption. Your data plan would be affected by whatever is using data on the other phone, and whatever is going on in the background on the Q10 (account syncing, etc.)
    07-09-16 09:46 PM
    Using mobile hotspot WILL cause more data consumption if you use data on both devices at once. For example, I personally use my mobile hotspot for my son to use an iPod as we're out and about, as does my wife's iPhone through my Priv as a hotspot. Because all three devices use data at once, data usage through my priv is increased because it's supplying data for all 3 devices. If you plan on not using the Q10 as your backup device plays the game, you shouldn't use up all your data allowance, but be extra careful as both devices are capable of using data at once, thus increasing the likelihood of going over with your data allowance

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 10:03 PM
    Thnk yoou for your answers! So am i getting this right? The Mobile Hotspot function itself doesn`t add usage of data volume, but the fact that im using two phones via one connection will affect my data usage because both phones will have running processes in backgrund etc. But is this a lot of usage, if im just using one phone and the other phone stays in my pocket just sending the internet connection? And is the sending of the internet connection using data volume too in a way or doesn`t affect it the usage itself? On top of that i have a screen on my blackberry which tells me the data usage of the shared connection. It says "send" xxKB and "received" xxKB. Which number tells me the usage of my internet flat? Is it just the number at "received" or the sum of both?
    07-10-16 06:21 AM
    The hotspot runs via bluetooth, so there's no data usage between both phones. But rather, your Q10 will be 'using' the data.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-10-16 08:44 AM
    Thnk yoou for your answers! So am i getting this right? The Mobile Hotspot function itself doesn`t add usage of data volume, but the fact that im using two phones via one connection will affect my data usage because both phones will have running processes in backgrund etc.
    Correct. Background and foreground. In other words, as long as you don't assume your data used is just what's happening on the screen and plan accordingly, you'll be fine.

But is this a lot of usage, if im just using one phone and the other phone stays in my pocket just sending the internet connection? And is the sending of the internet connection using data volume too in a way or doesn`t affect it the usage itself?
    Again, there's no extra data used just in the process of hotspot--it's what you do with that data plus what's happening on the provider device that determines total data consumed.

So, as an example, if your Q10 uses 50mb of data and your other phone 200mb off the Q10 hotspot, your billed data should be somewhere around 250mb.

On top of that i have a screen on my blackberry which tells me the data usage of the shared connection. It says "send" xxKB and "received" xxKB. Which number tells me the usage of my internet flat? Is it just the number at "received" or the sum of both?
    I'm not sure what "internet flat" means, but your total data consumed is the sum of uploads and downloads.
    07-10-16 02:06 PM
    The hotspot runs via bluetooth
    I don't think this is correct...
    07-10-16 02:08 PM
    I don't think this is correct...
    It uses a WiFi signal, so the Bluetooth is not correct

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-10-16 03:46 PM
    I got it mixed up with Internet Tethering :/

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-10-16 04:45 PM