is it advisable to always turn on BlackBerry Protect just in case my device were stolen? or is it consume battery for my Q10?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 03:36 PM
    Always keep it on. You can lock, wipe or find your device if you lose it. Battery use is negligible.
    02-07-17 03:36 PM
    but sometimes when I just tested my BlackBerry q10, it said _ unavailable?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 03:40 PM
    but sometimes when I just tested my BlackBerry q10, it said _ unavailable?

Posted via CB10
    You mean when you go online?
    02-07-17 03:43 PM
    Yes ' well i mean, if you testing your Q10 only not on desktop, it says "unavailable ". is it normal for the device? or the best thing to do is just use the desktop to trace the device? thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 03:54 PM
    Yes ' well i mean, if you testing your Q10 only not on desktop, it says "unavailable ". is it normal for the device? or the best thing to do is just use the desktop to trace the device? thanks

Posted via CB10
    Just use your desktop.

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-07-17 03:57 PM
    okay, so that's why it happens?
    just use the desktop to know where's the device located? not on Q10 '

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 04:08 PM
    Make sure that your device is connected to Internet and location setting is also on in location setting. Also a Blackberry protect should be on.
    If you are unable to turn Blackberry protect on then try following
    First connect to the Internet
    Turn on location
    Restart your device
    Wait for some time
    Now you can access and locate your device from www.protect.blackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 06:20 AM
    the thing is for example my Q10 was stolen now, @ do you mean I can trace it on my desktop anytime? just make sure my Q10 is always turn on?
    BlackBerry Protect-blurimage-10-2-2017_4-21-26-.png

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 09:30 AM
    It depends
    If location service and Blackberry protect is on then you can locate it if you're Blackberry account is still in service (may be a person who got your mobile, changed the account by wiping phone)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:30 AM
    I am a third party of my BlackBerry mobile phone. After wiping my BlackBerry I didn't know anti-theft was activated. How do I get the initial blackberry I'D to login and activate my new blackberry ID.
    02-10-17 12:13 PM
    I am a third party of my BlackBerry mobile phone. After wiping my BlackBerry I didn't know anti-theft was activated. How do I get the initial blackberry I'D to login and activate my new blackberry ID.
    Get it from the original owner, or you now own a brick.
    02-10-17 01:27 PM
    Give Chimera Tools a go.
    02-10-17 01:38 PM
    Give Chimera Tools a go.
    I've seen you suggest that a few times..... and their site does list most BBOS and BB10 phones.

Do you know personally if it does work?

If so that's great for users that bought a phone without getting all the info they should have.... but also good for any crooks.
    02-10-17 03:30 PM
    I've seen you suggest that a few times..... and their site does list most BBOS and BB10 phones.

Do you know personally if it does work?

If so that's great for users that bought a phone without getting all the info they should have.... but also good for any crooks.
    I have personally seen it working.

However - not only do you have to pay for a subscription to their software, you have to buy additional 'credits' to perform certain functions including removing BB Protect on a BB10 device.
    02-11-17 06:05 AM
    So you can hack the device password and remove BBID....

But it sounds like your data is still secure as it wipes the phone..... just doesn't really protect against theft.
    02-13-17 07:24 AM
    what happens to a locked device if you remove it from your account? Is the device still locked or with Anti theft?
    02-13-17 09:13 AM
    what happens to a locked device if you remove it from your account? Is the device still locked or with Anti theft?
    No. It should be cleared after a device reboot.
    02-13-17 09:17 AM
    would the device be wiped?
    02-13-17 09:27 AM
    would the device be wiped?
    Just removing it from BlackBerry Protect, does not wipe the phone... as long as you have the device password.

If you are planning to sell the phone, remove it from BlackBerry Protect and then do a security wipe.
    02-13-17 09:34 AM
    I have used a friend's phone to find the mapped location of my z10 left it in a cab was stuck between the seats. Could have followed that cab til the battery died. Great feature to have enabled

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-13-17 09:37 AM
    I'm actually trying to find a way to not wipe my device as I have locked myself out.
    02-13-17 09:51 AM
    I'm actually trying to find a way to not wipe my device as I have locked myself out.
    There is no way around a device password. After 10 attempts, it will be wiped. End of story.
    02-13-17 09:52 AM
    I'm trying to reset the device password with BB protect, no luck remembering what I used...so I cant reset it... this sucks!
    02-13-17 09:58 AM
    I'm trying to reset the device password with BB protect, no luck remembering what I used...so I cant reset it... this sucks!
    Using the web interface for BB Protect... I think all you do is LOCK the phone and then there is an option to change the password. I don't see where the existing password is required. Just your BBID login name and password. But that only works if BB Protect is enabled and functioning... to begin with.
    02-13-17 10:11 AM
29 12