Hi. My Blackberry Priv inexplicably crashed -- by itself, with no apparent human involvement -- and now is stuck in an endless bootup loop, with the triangle-circle-square pattern repeating until it drains the battery.

When I start, it does get to the PIN screen and accepts my PIN, but then it gets stuck in the loop.

I am able to get to the Fastboot Menu by holding the power and volume-down keys, but from there, whether I choose "boot in Fastboot Mode" or "Continue Bootup," it just gets stuck again. I am able to turn the phone's power off using this menu, though.

I have not been able to get to Safe Mode, or even to the "Reboot to Safe Mode" prompt -- if I hold the volume-down button it will display "safe mode" in the lower left of the screen, but then it gets stuck in the loop again.

I called Blackberry's technical support and paid $35 for them to tell me that if it won't go into Fastboot Mode, I can't follow their directions to reload the OS. Thanks, guys.

They offered to take it for repairs for $305, which is way more than the phone is worth.

None of the repair shops in my town will work on it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    05-22-19 11:38 AM
    I am able to get to the Fastboot Menu by holding the power and volume-down keys, but from there, whether I choose "boot in Fastboot Mode"
    That IS fastboot mode.

Now just run the autoloader.
    05-22-19 01:13 PM
    That IS fastboot mode.

Now just run the autoloader.
    OK -- just to be clear: if I can get to the Fastboot Menu, I can run the autoloader without actually selecting anything from the menu?
    05-22-19 01:40 PM
    OK -- just to be clear: if I can get to the Fastboot Menu, I can run the autoloader without actually selecting anything from the menu?
    Yes.
    05-22-19 02:44 PM
    Excellent! Thanks so much -- I'll try it and report back.
    05-22-19 03:29 PM
    Yes, it worked. May this thread stand for posterity. Thanks, @conite and @Bla1ze.
    Bla1ze and Emil Lents like this.
    05-22-19 10:30 PM
    Hi,
    barging in here.
    i downloaded the autoloader and ran it while putting the phone in bootloader.
    but now i am lost. what to do now?
    05-25-19 12:59 PM
    it is stuck on the blackberry welcome screen even when i restart.
    could you help me through?
    much appreciated
    05-25-19 01:52 PM