I have a blackberry priv and it randomly shuts down while using applications. It doesnt shut down when left unused. No matter what the battery level is it shuts down randomly. I believe it shuts down on heavy work load. I bought this phone 6 months ago and it worked fine for 5 months and I do update the software regularly.
    09-26-17 10:55 PM
    Have you ever cleared your cache? settings, storage and USB, internal then cached data.
    other thing I would try is a factory reset as well.
    Last edited by ray689; 09-27-17 at 11:07 AM.
    09-26-17 11:27 PM
    Definitely clear the cache.

Make sure you have storage left - if a modern OS runs out of cache space (no memory left) it can seize up.

If that doesn't help, do the "battery pull" - hold the power key down for 32 seconds - this is a "hard" reboot that simulates a battery pull.

If that doesn't help, then you need a LARGE BALL-PEEN HAMMER ...
    09-27-17 11:04 AM

Make sure you have storage left - if a modern OS runs out of cache space (no memory left) it can seize up.

If that doesn't help, do the "battery pull" - hold the power key down for 32 seconds - this is a "hard" reboot that simulates a battery pull.

Not have I tried clearing the cache , I also have done factory reset. I haven't tried the "battery pull" though.
    09-28-17 08:07 AM

Not have I tried clearing the cache , I also have done factory reset. I haven't tried the "battery pull" though.
    09-28-17 08:07 AM