Hi...I have a playbook and not used for ages and I have forgot my password to open device (not BB ID)....I am on 8 of 10 attempts, is there anything I can do as I don't want it wiped as there is a sentimental video on there I need HELP PLEASE
    10-18-17 05:54 AM
    Sorry, nothing you can do if you cannot remember that password.
    10-18-17 08:52 AM
    Sorry but for the PlayBook their was no BlackBerry Protect, so not remote way to change the password using your BBID.

On thing to make sure of.... is that if it asks you to type BlackBerry, you need to type BlackBerry and not what you think the password is. I've wasted a number of tries on that.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-18-17 08:55 AM
    Hi...I have a playbook and not used for ages and I have forgot my password to open device (not BB ID)....I am on 8 of 10 attempts, is there anything I can do as I don't want it wiped as there is a sentimental video on there I need HELP PLEASE
    As noted, you NEED that password. Search your brain - was it straight forward, like a word, a number or do you make up really safe obscure passwords?

It asks you to Type Blackberry so you know you are typing the correct letters/numbers.

No backup in some obscure folder on your computer?

Good luck.
    10-18-17 09:01 AM
    As noted, you NEED that password. Search your brain - was it straight forward, like a word, a number or do you make up really safe obscure passwords?

It asks you to Type Blackberry so you know you are typing the correct letters/numbers.

No backup in some obscure folder on your computer?

Good luck.
    I've found backups on my PC, Laptop and NAS that I had forgotten all about.... But I always synced my video and pictures so I'd have those.
    10-19-17 03:17 PM