This is going to be a looong story.

I'm a very "old-school" person.

I used to have a blackberry Q10, which I bought secondhand from a co-worker. It was broken when I bought it, the sim card tray was mutilated so I can't make a call or SMS without using Wi-Fi.

But man, I loved that phone.

I stored 3600+ songs there, all my review books, my files, I even edit my resume there. It's the first time I experienced BB10 and it was AWESOME!

But unfortunately I lost it last Nov 9 2016. I didn't lose it, it was stolen. And now I'm planning to buy a Passport to replace it... Because, why not?

I don't like android and have no intention of owning one. My current phones are my Nokia XL (hence "old-school") and an HTC one m8 (in windows). But before I buy a passport (which is already half it's original price here), I want to know if it is still worth buying in 2016.

I don't use apps that much. I only need facebook, youtube and wattpad. I can live with FB and YT in browser mode. But my concern is that John Chen doesn't plan to support bb10 anymore. Hence my questions...

1. Will the built-in browser get slower or buggier after 3-5 years?
    2. Will some of the apps I download from the bbworld or amazon playstore work smoothly after the same time period?
    3. What are the disadvantages of owning a bb10 device without support from the manufacturers?
    4. Most importantly, will the phone become laggier, slower or unusable in the near future?

If there are unfavorable answers, then I'm planning to downgrade to the Classic or Q5 or even back to the Q10. At least it will be much cheaper.

Thanks for reading!!
    11-16-16 06:46 PM
    � Yes the browser gets buggier
    �Apps on BlackBerry World could still work. Unless the app developer decides to shift totally to Android and iOS etc ( WhatsApp)
    �Well, I'm not exactly sure that they're not going to support BB10. A I known is that they're still in the business of rolling out updates. So we may be getting minor updates here and there.
    �BlackBerry 10 OS may only get laggier if it's Android apps, but BlackBerry native apps work great.

If you plan on using mostly BlackBerry native apps, you should get a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 02:52 AM
    I love my Passport...I use few Android apps, but the few that I use work great
    11-17-16 03:51 PM
    Hello,

Just ordered my Passport SE via shop BlackBerry . Will see if it is still worth it Hahahahaha

Best regards

Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2876/CB10
    11-17-16 05:54 PM
    i would never plan on it working for 3-5 years. The OS is not going to be maintained that long at all. When stuff breaks it will remain broke
    11-17-16 06:21 PM
    i would never plan on it working for 3-5 years. The OS is not going to be maintained that long at all. When stuff breaks it will remain broke
    Like OS 7?
    11-17-16 07:20 PM
    As a communications device, you can make it last for a long time. The 9900 was released in 2011? And is still useful five years later. I plan to use my Q10 for several more years and have already been using it for two.
    11-18-16 07:04 AM
    Your assumption is out to lunch. I have a Curve 8330 that functions as good today as it did back in its day. I also have a Motorola flip phone that still works well from the early eighties.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-18-16 09:15 AM
    You may also want to get another Q10 for the size difference I think you will find you like it better for that.

Except the Passport uses a nano sim, so if you have both use the simcard tray in the Q10 without an adapter, other threads about that.

If you love BlackBerry, it works great, I'll never I mean NEVER swItch.
    11-18-16 10:02 AM
    I'm loving mine just got it in mail last week

Go for it you only live once lol
    Is the blackberry passport worth buying today?-img_20161115_003925.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 12:00 PM
    I'm loving mine just got it in mail last week

Go for it you only live once lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161115_003925.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	412467

Posted via CB10
    Empty box!
    11-18-16 12:32 PM
    Yea it's empty cause I'm using what came in it to take the pictue lol

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-18-16 12:44 PM
    Hahaha. Empty Box. LOL!! That made my day. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 09:41 AM
    For the so-called Information Age there sure is a lot of bad information out there on phones. Of all the phones I've owned, all will still function just fine. Even my Sprint iDEN MIGHT still work considering there are still two (maybe three) iDEN operators in the US. I bought a DTEK 50, and for a number of reasons, defaulted back to one of my Z10s. I expect it to keep working for years, if I like.
    11-20-16 07:59 AM