My Battery ran out on my BlackBerry Passport before i could get home. Once I plugged it in to charge, it would not boot up. There was a red light that flashed about every 30 seconds but that was it. That light has stopped flashing all together and now when I push the power button nothing happens. Any suggestions on how to get it going again?
    Thanks.
    10-16-17 05:42 PM
    Leave it plugged in overnight. Try using an iPad charger if you have one.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    10-16-17 05:54 PM
    Thanks. I will give that a try. Why do you suggest using an iPad charger?
    Thanks for your help.
    10-16-17 06:05 PM
    The iPad charger is STRONG! It can sometimes overcome a particularly weak battery that doesn't want to accept an initial charge.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    10-16-17 06:06 PM
    Okay, thanks. I will give that a try.
    10-16-17 06:50 PM
    Any luck?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    10-21-17 05:27 PM
    Any luck?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    Really weird, but it took over a week to restart!!!
    I had it plugged in for a few days with nothing. Once in a while I would push the power button and it would get a red light for a second or two and then nothing. I finally gave up. I ordered a new passport on Amazon. While loading up the new one, for the heck of it, I plugged in the old one and it just turned on!
    My only issue now is BBM. While the passport was not working and I was waiting for the the new phone, I switched to my old Z10 for about a week. Doing so I switched my BBM to my Z10. When my old phone started working, it still had my BBM account on it, so now it is on two phones!!!! I thought that could not happen?? I had to send BBM messages on my Passport to everyone to reconnect them on my Passport. Crazy!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 02:46 PM
    It's either the charger or a problem with the female USB port on your phone. The latter is a problem to change and before sending it for repairs make sure there is no corrosion on the pins. The Z30 suffered from the same problem - fixable by lightly scratching with a needle.
    10-28-17 02:55 PM