Hi,

i'm thinking to buy a blackberry (as a second device) just for productivity.

Here in india, The blackberry Passport is quite cheap at the moment (200 dollar).

And i like how that phone looks like.

I mainly need it for messaging, mails...

Are the following android apps still working?
    1) Gmail
    2) Whatsapp
    3) Skype

Is it still worth buying the Blackberry Passport or is it better to go for the Blackberry key2 (420 dollar)?

Thanks in advance.
    09-09-19 01:59 AM
    I bet if you searched "s the Blackberry Passport still worth buying in 2019" you'd find a dozen or so threads on this already....

If $200 is the cheapest you can find it in your marke? If so, the answer is no.

If you could get one for under $100 and that $100 doesn't mean much too you, and you understand what BB10 is and it's uncertain near future... go for it.
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 07:02 AM
    Prices are relative, because in this case the OP would have to fork out double this amount to buy a Key 2.

Regarding the apps mentioned, all three are alive and well as of this writing. And oh, yes, I am using my SE as my daily driver still.
    Regarding prices again, in the real world under $100 buys you a Classic in excellent condition, and/or a Black Passport that has seen better days.
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 09:52 AM
    Prices are relative, because in this case the OP would have to fork out double this amount to buy a Key 2.

Regarding the apps mentioned, all three are alive and well as of this writing. And oh, yes, I am using my SE as my daily driver still.
    Regarding prices again, in the real world under $100 buys you a Classic in excellent condition, and/or a Black Passport that has seen better days.
    After five years, all Passports regardless of use, have seen better days just because of component and battery degradation. If the price for the OG Passport has risen from the $100 floor it was sitting on right before or after the BB10 EOL announcement, it’s only because remaining users are holding out like the old beanies TY babies collectors. Of course, I’m also talking USD and not loonies..
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 09:59 AM
    Once BB's feet are shackled to cement blocks and tossed into the bottom of the Atlantic, I'll be switching to gotta-catch-em-all-mode and looking to backfill my collection with some devices that I've always wanted to own. The AT&T and Red Passport would be two of them.

But only as museum pieces... never as a daily driver.
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 10:08 AM
    Once BB's feet are shackled to cement blocks and tossed into the bottom of the Atlantic, I'll be switching to gotta-catch-em-all-mode and looking to backfill my collection with some devices that I've always wanted to own. The AT&T and Red Passport would be two of them.

But only as museum pieces... never as a daily driver.
    I’ll trade you AT&T Passport for a Red Key2 with the only SIM of pictures from your Orlando trip. I’ve been waiting for six months to use this finally.
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 10:11 AM
    Well, the thing is that as of now prices are more than $100, and in many cases quite a lot more. You can check anywhere in the world and you will see for yourself. As for better days, there's a lot of devices out there in excellent/mint/brand new condition, hence the more expensive pricing; and all this refers to the OG PP only, since the SE and the Red are way more expensive, and surprisingly even the White version commands a premium.

On a relevant note, the OP said that right now where he lives Passports are rather cheap at about $200, and this is why I said prices are relative. For me $200 is a lot for a Black Passport, but maybe in India it's considered a good buy.
    Jeroenbelg and HabitodoMonge like this.
    09-09-19 10:26 AM
    After five years, all Passports regardless of use, have seen better days just because of component and battery degradation. If the price for the OG Passport has risen from the $100 floor it was sitting on right before or after the BB10 EOL announcement, it’s only because remaining users are holding out like the old beanies TY babies collectors. Of course, I’m also talking USD and not loonies..
    My wife's, father's new wife was big time into beanies.... She claimed $30K was lost due to the hurricane. Insurance gave he less than $200.

She had no documentation other than a few photos. And her insurance like many, didn't provide replacement value or any coverage for collectible items. But then I never saw that many beanies anyway....

My house stayed dry.... but a lot of people I know didn't, you really have to understand what insurance covers and what it doesn't with personal belongings, and things you think are collectible.

Some of these BlackBerry collections that are priceless in some folks minds... Insurance won't think the same.
    Jeroenbelg likes this.
    09-09-19 10:43 AM
    My wife's, father's new wife was big time into beanies.... She claimed $30K was lost due to the hurricane. Insurance gave he less than $200.

She had no documentation other than a few photos. And her insurance like many, didn't provide replacement value or any coverage for collectible items. But then I never saw that many beanies anyway....

My house stayed dry.... but a lot of people I know didn't, you really have to understand what insurance covers and what it doesn't with personal belongings, and things you think are collectible.

Some of these BlackBerry collections that are priceless in some folks minds... Insurance won't think the same.
    Part of the problem is value is determined largely by what someone will actually pay or has paid very recently. I had some former clients that wanted to include their estimated collection value as part of their retirement plan. Those were some very difficult conversations.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Jeroenbelg like this.
    09-09-19 10:47 AM
    Well, the thing is that as of now prices are more than $100, and in many cases quite a lot more. You can check anywhere in the world and you will see for yourself. As for better days, there's a lot of devices out there in excellent/mint/brand new condition, hence the more expensive pricing; and all this refers to the OG PP only, since the SE and the Red are way more expensive, and surprisingly even the White version commands a premium.

On a relevant note, the OP said that right now where he lives Passports are rather cheap at about $200, and this is why I said prices are relative. For me $200 is a lot for a Black Passport, but maybe in India it's considered a good buy.
    Hi Saint,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually here the white passports are the cheapest, more cheap than the black ones. Almost all passports are white here. Today on amazon even one on sale for 180 dollar.
    09-10-19 09:52 AM
    Hi Saint,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually here the white passports are the cheapest, more cheap than the black ones. Almost all passports are white here. Today on amazon even one on sale for 180 dollar.
    Here in the US... a White Passport is $450, Red is $479. But you can get a new AT&T for $125.

I bet two years from now it will be all but impossible to find a new KEY2. But BlackBerry overproduction of the past, has left BB10 collectors with plenty of options even five years later. Unless your looking for the limited edition Silver... it's tough to find.
    09-10-19 10:28 AM
    No, I think
    09-10-19 10:35 AM