I bought my first blackberry and after all the YouTube research and internet searches I did I am anxious to get it in my mail . Is there anything I need to know good or bad that I may not know ?
    10-30-16 07:59 AM
    I bought my first blackberry and after all the YouTube research and internet searches I did I am anxious to get it in my mail . Is there anything I need to know good or bad that I may not know ?
    To save people time, why don't you tell us what you know and we can proceed from that point.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-30-16 09:41 AM
    I think you will LOVE it if you already did some reading and kind of know how it is not like android, and the app setup works for your expectatins for a phone. Personally I dont use social media apps, bank apps, cuppacoffee apps, and I do not feel anything is missing.

Setup menus really guide you thru it, I wait to get online until after I go through my settings menu. Give yourself a BlackBerry ID password that is hard to crack but one you will remember and write it down for awhile ; )

I turn off the items in Parental Controls that I won't use or hardly ever use, and give myself an easy password to my device the same as parental controls, to keep remote access from happening more than to worry abot someone picking up my phone.

I don't enable the amazon appstore bc I won't use it. I dont leave Location on unless i am using it either, some of this is to save data, some to save battery. Personally I hate 'Storymaker' while some people love it, it is automatically set to 'on' and can be set to off in your Pictures app.

Right from the get-go have a media card so you can keep stuff there, even though you have 32g hard drive so on a Passport its not that crucial, and for 'ME,' the 32g media card is as high as I go due to having three 64g cards, in the past, dying on me after merely weeks of use.

When you get set up I highly recommend getting the Zeus browser from BlackBerry world for the websites you like that still want flash.
    10-30-16 11:05 AM
    I know just what I seen on YouTube. What I don't know is apps on blackberry store. There are a few I hope I can still get . Like banking apps , a good weather app, etc. i have seen videos of people putting play store on blackberry but not sure how that working out for them .
    10-31-16 01:13 PM
    Thanks will try Zeus and have you tried 128 g ?
    10-31-16 01:16 PM
    Snap and Cobalt's Google Play store are the two solutions for getting Android Apps onto the Passport. But there are limitations, BB10 only goes up to Android 4.3 and some apps just won't work on an emulator. But I'd say 70% or so will work just fine (based on the hardware and the fact it is an emulated version of Android).

I have seen several that have gotten a 128GB working on the Passport, so that isn't an issue.
    10-31-16 01:25 PM
    Thanks will try Zeus and have you tried 128 g ?
    When I had a Passport I had a 128GB card working fine. 200GB should work too, as will 256GB in the event it actually comes out.
    10-31-16 01:30 PM