I purchased a blackberry passport about a week ago, and have been having trouble with brightness issues since. When using the brightness slider in the settings, it seems no matter where it is on the line, no changes occur.

It seems that there is an issue with the auto brightness feature, and I haven't been able to find a way to turn it off. I've also gone through BB Virtual Assistant, thinking there may be an issue with my light sensor, and haven't found any issues there. It's really impacting my use with the device, as it especially becomes un-readable outdoors.

I've seen videos showing the potential brightness of the passport, and I can tell my device is not getting any close to others results. Also, I have turned off all battery saving mode options, to ensure this isn't interfering. Anyone else had these issues, or know of a solution?
    10-05-17 02:03 AM
    Brightness should noticeable change...

What OS are you one? There were issue with some versions.

I would suggest you wipe your phone or use an Autoloader to "update" your OS to a slightly newer version... unless you are on the latest 10.3.3. Test before installing any apps.

If still won't allow you to change the brightness... can you return it?
    10-05-17 11:07 AM