Recently I've had to reload my latest back up (9GB) onto my Passport, due to the kids entering my password incorrectly and it being wiped!

Despite playing around with blackberry link, reading the forums, ensuring the bbid is the same and that my username and password were correct, I was only able to partially restore my Passport with App Data and settings and not media.

Each time I try i get the following error message

Verify your device is turned on (please really?) and connected to blackberry link and try again!

If I try to restore my media separately i get the same error message.

There is enough memory for the media files and I also made a copy of the BBB file, zipped it up and checked the manifest to go over the bb user id and OS, both not a problem.

I really am stuck as I have lots of family pics from years back stuck in there!

Please help.
    08-26-16 04:56 PM
    Recently I've had to reload my latest back up (9GB) onto my Passport, due to the kids entering my password incorrectly and it being wiped!

Despite playing around with blackberry link, reading the forums, ensuring the bbid is the same and that my username and password were correct, I was only able to partially restore my Passport with App Data and settings and not media.

Each time I try i get the following error message

Verify your device is turned on (please really?) and connected to blackberry link and try again!

If I try to restore my media separately i get the same error message.

There is enough memory for the media files and I also made a copy of the BBB file, zipped it up and checked the manifest to go over the bb user id and OS, both not a problem.

I really am stuck as I have lots of family pics from years back stuck in there!

Please help.
    Leaving your Passport plugged in, reboot the device, try again; then your PC if you haven't already. It's possible the USB port could be a problem but its rather specific that it fails on media. Cross your fingers it's not a corrupted file that's blocking the transfer.
    08-26-16 05:13 PM