Hello and happy new year everyone,

I have been using my Blackberry Passport for almost a year now, and today I cannot connect to my carrier.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as when I go to settings and manually search for a network I can see my carrier but when I press connect to network it gives me an error saying "emergency calls only".

Any suggestions? I have already wiped the device once and the issue hasn't been fixed.
    01-06-21 10:23 PM
    Hello and happy new year everyone,

I have been using my Blackberry Passport for almost a year now, and today I cannot connect to my carrier.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as when I go to settings and manually search for a network I can see my carrier but when I press connect to network it gives me an error saying "emergency calls only".

Any suggestions? I have already wiped the device once and the issue hasn't been fixed.
    Unfortunately this is a typical issue with the Passport. They all seem to be ticking time bombs, and it's only a matter of time before the motherboard fries.
    01-07-21 06:49 AM
    Unfortunately this is a typical issue with the Passport. They all seem to be ticking time bombs, and it's only a matter of time before the motherboard fries.
    Thanks for answering!

I don't believe it is a hardware issue, as I can find my network when I manually search for it, the device won't connect to it though.

I manually search for my network, find it, then click on it to connect and it shows a loading sign for about a minute and then it just gives me an error message.

it seems like a software issue
    01-07-21 10:12 PM
    Thanks for answering!

I don't believe it is a hardware issue, as I can find my network when I manually search for it, the device won't connect to it though.

I manually search for my network, find it, then click on it to connect and it shows a loading sign for about a minute and then it just gives me an error message.

Feel free to confirm by running the latest autoloader.

https://mega.nz/file/1NZ1SQBB#yL_ZV5...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    01-08-21 07:33 AM
    Thanks for answering!

Does it find it, or the SIM card you have installed?

As Conite suggested... run the Autoloder without doing a restore and that will rule out software and settings. Next your could try a new SIM card from your service provider.

But this is a well documented "flaw" that Passport owners have been experiencing for years. There is a thread here that has a "FIX" if you are up for some fine soldering and the removal of what I guess is an unneeded component. But if you can't do it, it's not worth taking to a shop.... that isn't likely to even consider doing it.
    gheli0 likes this.
    01-08-21 08:13 AM
    I have a Macbook, is there any tutorial on how do run autoloader from macOS?
    01-08-21 08:39 AM
    Yes I am aware that it is a common flaw, such a shame it is an awesome phone, even today I'm still very productive when doing the basics with it.

For clarification: SIM works fine, I made sure to test it on different phones too. I can search for networks manually, and it shows me a list of all available carriers in my country. BUT, when I press connect it just loads forever and then gives me an error, so I assume if the antenna works and the SIM works, it has to be a software issue.
    01-08-21 08:42 AM
    Thanks for answering!

The dreaded antenna problem: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...804.1609278788
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-08-21 09:02 AM
    I don't think it's a problem with hardware. I think you need to test your software not manually but automatically. But maybe someone knows is it possible to do 100% automation testing?
    10-28-21 08:32 AM
    I don't think it's a problem with hardware. I think you need to test your software not manually but automatically. But maybe someone knows is it possible to do 100% automation testing?
    Best test is to reload a clean copy of the OS..... as was suggested almost nine months ago.

But also as mentioned this is a known and common issue with the Passport.... 100% hardware related.
    10-28-21 01:19 PM