Hi, my Passport keyboard gestures stopped working. I tried a hard reset but nothing worked. Then I fully reset the phone and now can’t get into the phone without using keyboard gestures with the tutorial.
    Please help!
    11-10-19 04:59 PM
    Hi, my Passport keyboard gestures stopped working. I tried a hard reset but nothing worked. Then I fully reset the phone and now can’t get into the phone without using keyboard gestures with the tutorial.
    Please help!
    Please create user ID so further Q&A is possible. Which Passport model do you have? What BB10 version are you running?
    Tdog Gaming likes this.
    11-10-19 05:14 PM
    It’s the at&t model and it’s running bb10
    11-15-19 01:01 PM
    It’s the at&t model and it’s running bb10
    Hey Tdog. Are you able to get back into phone to do another factory reset? If not, it sounds like autoloader time...
    Tdog Gaming likes this.
    11-15-19 03:25 PM
    I have the same issue but I didn't try the factory reset
    Tdog Gaming likes this.
    11-15-19 04:23 PM
    Please help!
    Sounds to me more like a hardware issue at this point, where you might be looking at a replacement keyboard or even a different device.
    But yeah, you'll probably want to rule out a software issue first by running an autoloader. Here is the one for the Passport;

https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM

Download it to a PC, unzip it, plug in your device and run the unzipped file. All data will be wiped from the device.
    @shivaa95 if you decide to run the autoloader, be aware that you may run into the same issue as OP, if it is indeed a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    Tdog Gaming likes this.
    11-15-19 04:54 PM
    Sounds to me more like a hardware issue at this point, where you might be looking at a replacement keyboard or even a different device.
    But yeah, you'll probably want to rule out a software issue first by running an autoloader. Here is the one for the Passport;

https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM

Download it to a PC, unzip it, plug in your device and run the unzipped file. All data will be wiped from the device.
    @shivaa95 if you decide to run the autoloader, be aware that you may run into the same issue as OP, if it is indeed a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Ben.
    Tdog Gaming likes this.
    11-15-19 05:02 PM
    Replacement Passport keyboards readily available and easy to change out.
    Ben xfg and Tdog Gaming like this.
    11-15-19 05:51 PM
    Do you know a good tutorial on how to replace the keyboard? Looked online but couldn’t seem to find anything...
    11-15-19 08:06 PM
    Do you know a good tutorial on how to replace the keyboard? Looked online but couldn’t seem to find anything...
    11-15-19 08:33 PM
    @yamahammer I think it was intended for you....
    11-15-19 09:05 PM
    I'll prepare one for you. Where do you live so I can offer suggestions as where to buy from.

**EDIT** just noticed that you have the AT&T version. Give me a day to see if I can find one.

**EDIT2** https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...odk%23shpCntId
    Last edited by yamahammer; 11-16-19 at 02:29 PM.
    11-15-19 09:17 PM
    Just ordered the replacement keyboard
    11-16-19 03:22 PM
    Just ordered the replacement keyboard
    Here we go... I am using pictures of an OG Passport but the screw locations are the same I'm told. The screws have torx heads btw. You will need a size 4 and a size 2 (for the screws under the copper tape)

1 - Remove the Sim tray cover and remove the 5 screws that you will find.

2 - Remove the chin surrounding the keyboard by gently prying it up. Careful not to break the side arms of the chin. You may want to apply a little bit of heat to soften up the glue. If you do break it, there are replacements available. Remove the 2 screws that you will find. You can now pry/lift up and remove the back cover (starting at the top).

3 - Remove the 2 screws as shown, disconnect the keyboard cable and battery and then remove the battery by gently prying up using a plastic spudger even a guitar pick.

4 - With the battery out lift up the copper tape which will expose the 2 screws that hold in the top of the keyboard and at this point you pry/push out the keyboard (starting at the bottom).

5- Pop in the new keyboard starting at the top and then reassemble every in reverse order. One note, when putting the lone screw back just above the USB port be careful not to overtighten as it may affect the action of the spacebar. Suggest that you give it a test feel before putting the back cover back on.

I see that that the last 2 pics are out of order, but you get the gist....
    @chuckfinley69 Chuck you have an ATT Passport... give it a shot....lol
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Passport keyboard gestures not working-passport1.jpg   BlackBerry Passport keyboard gestures not working-passport2.jpg   BlackBerry Passport keyboard gestures not working-passport3.jpg   BlackBerry Passport keyboard gestures not working-passport4.jpg  
    Last edited by yamahammer; 11-16-19 at 07:22 PM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-16-19 07:08 PM
    Just in case you damage the chin, not thinking that you will....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F173378285636
    11-16-19 11:46 PM