Just purchased a used passport model sqw100-3. The previous owner put the 10.3.3 beta on it. He gave me his login information to access the device. I tired to security wipe so I could setup the phone with my bbid information, but it will only allow me to use his information. Is there a way I'm not finding to change it over to my account? I tried turning BlackBerry Protect off and then doing a security wipe, but it is still not working.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    09-21-16 06:58 PM
    You need to login to the original owners BlackBerry Protect and disassociate the device from his account. You'll likely need all of his BBID credentials including original email in order to do so, especially since you've already wiped the device. Once that is done then you can disable BlackBerry Protect on the device and security wipe after having done so.

The bigger issue is the fact that the phone is on the 10.3.3 beta. You're stuck with that and it's limited function until BlackBerry officially releases 10.3.3

Personally I'd be returning device to original owner to let him sort through it. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 07:48 PM
    10.3.3 DEV OS will not allow you to turn off BlackBerry Protect. You're stuck until the OS is released.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    09-21-16 08:29 PM
    10.3.3 DEV OS will not allow you to turn off BlackBerry Protect. You're stuck until the OS is released.
    Was aware of the limited function but not if the inability to disable Protect ...ouch! Really feeling for you OP...as suggested you may want return device....hopefully no hassles.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 09:54 PM
    Tha KS for your replies. I'm currently working slowly with BlackBerry support over the phone. If they can't get it to work I will be returning.

09-22-16 09:46 PM
    Tha KS for your replies. I'm currently working slowly with BlackBerry support over the phone. If they can't get it to work I will be returning.

Keep us posted.
    09-22-16 09:49 PM
    Returning the phone to the owner. There is a way to do it while the phone has the 10.3.3 beta on it, but involves the original owner sending BlackBerry proof of purchase, id, a phone bill showing the phone associated with their phone number and proof of sale to me. Then I ship the phone to BlackBerry and they have it for about a week to do their thing to make it like a new phone with no previous owner. That is too much of a headache for me.

09-23-16 07:54 PM
    Returning the phone to the owner. There is a way to do it while the phone has the 10.3.3 beta on it, but involves the original owner sending BlackBerry proof of purchase, id, a phone bill showing the phone associated with their phone number and proof of sale to me. Then I ship the phone to BlackBerry and they have it for about a week to do their thing to make it like a new phone with no previous owner. That is too much of a headache for me.

Wise decision....frustrating nonetheless...trust it will work out when all is said and done.Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 12:58 AM