Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Blackberry passport - android apps

Asked: Oct 07 2019 | 6:38 am EDT 1926 Views 12 Answers

Nowadays the blackberry key 2 and one are difficult to get here. So i may go for the blackberry passport.

I wanted to know if the following android-apps are working well on the passport in 2019?

1) Skype
2) Whatsapp
3) gmail
4) facebook
5) Youtube

Thanks in advance.

More Answers

Oct 07 2019 | 6:46 am EDT the_boon

Difficult to get here? Where are you located?

Oct 07 2019 | 7:07 am EDT Jeroenbelg

I'm located in India. Blackberry key 2 is almost everywhere out of stock, not available in any shop anymore, online you can still find it at a very high rate, which is more than i want to spend on a phone.

Oct 07 2019 | 7:37 am EDT conite

Nowadays the blackberry key 2 and one are difficult to get here. So i may go for the blackberry passport.

I wanted to know if the following android-apps are working well on the passport in 2019?

1) Skype
2) Whatsapp
3) gmail
4) facebook
5) Youtube

Thanks in advance.
None work particularly well, but WhatsApp works, an older version of Skype works, GMail doesn't need an app (works in the native HUB), use the Facebook mobile site, and YouTube has some 3rd party alternatives.

Oct 07 2019 | 3:15 pm EDT the_boon

I'm located in India. Blackberry key 2 is almost everywhere out of stock, not available in any shop anymore, online you can still find it at a very high rate, which is more than i want to spend on a phone.
And for some reason there are many Indian KEY2's that ended up in the US somehow

Oct 07 2019 | 4:23 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

1) Skype
2) Whatsapp
3) gmail
4) facebook
5) Youtube

Thanks in advance.
Hey Jeroen,

All of these work well; you just occasionally have to get older versions. There are also native apps that in some cases work better (Gmail via the Blackberry Hub for instance, in addition to some YouTube apps). If you have any specific functionality questions let me know and I can test.

Oct 08 2019 | 5:41 am EDT Jeroenbelg

yeah probably its more profitable to sell the indian devices in the US, on amazon.com they are selling around 900 dollar for a new one. Here new ones are not available anymore in the shops. Luckily today i could buy a second hand here at around 260 doll.ar. So finally i got my Blackberry .

Oct 08 2019 | 5:47 am EDT Jeroenbelg

Thanks Trumpettiger. One hour ago, i was lucky to purchase a blackberry key 2 second hand.

Oct 08 2019 | 7:15 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Hey Jeroen,

All of these work well; you just occasionally have to get older versions. There are also native apps that in some cases work better (Gmail via the Blackberry Hub for instance, in addition to some YouTube apps). If you have any specific functionality questions let me know and I can test.
What specific Android/iOS device is your non-BB10 mobile hardware? I don’t mean your BB10 hardware isn’t your daily, just what is your Android/iOS mobile choice for anything that can’t be done via BB10 hardware?

Oct 08 2019 | 5:04 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

Thanks Trumpettiger. One hour ago, i was lucky to purchase a blackberry key 2 second hand.
Well...lucky is relative Jeroen, but I certainly hope it works out for you!

Oct 08 2019 | 5:04 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

What specific Android/iOS device is your non-BB10 mobile hardware? I don’t mean your BB10 hardware isn’t your daily, just what is your Android/iOS mobile choice for anything that can’t be done via BB10 hardware?
You mean what mobile device would I suggest for those purposes? I maintain a fleet of devices for testing purposes, so just trying to confirm what you're asking....

Oct 08 2019 | 5:11 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

You mean what mobile device would I suggest for those purposes? I maintain a fleet of devices for testing purposes, so just trying to confirm what you're asking....
What’s your Android/iOS collection resemble or contain?

Oct 09 2019 | 2:28 am EDT Jeroenbelg

Well...lucky is relative Jeroen, but I certainly hope it works out for you!
Lucky in the sense that even second hand blackberry keys are difficult to get and still quite expensive .