Hi

I am an IT student and I worry about 2 things while using my iPhone , privacy and being distracted by social media etc . I just need a phone with a long battery life that will help me get **** done and my experience with my beloved curves and bolds has shown me that blackberry is the best option .
    Do you think selling my iPhone and buying a Silver Passport in 2018 is a good idea ?
    11-30-18 09:02 AM
    Hi

I am an IT student and I worry about 2 things while using my iPhone , privacy and being distracted by social media etc . I just need a phone with a long battery life that will help me get **** done and my experience with my beloved curves and bolds has shown me that blackberry is the best option .
    Do you think selling my iPhone and buying a Silver Passport in 2018 is a good idea ?
    I would stay away from the Passport if I were you UNLESS you realize and really don't care about the severe limitations that it has these days. There are lots of threads here on CB discussing the ecosystem shortfalls and impending EOL of BB10 maintenance come Jan 2020.
    11-30-18 10:11 AM
    Hi

Depends what you need to "get done".
    11-30-18 10:36 AM
    Not that I'm a fan of the iPhone (I'm not), but you don't have to be distracted by social media apps.

Just because almost every OEM includes many of them (including BlackBerry, BTW) doesn't mean you have to use them.

Delete them, disable them, turn the notifications off, or just don't ever log into the apps, and you're free of them.
    ppeters914 and heli0 like this.
    11-30-18 12:05 PM
    Hi

If you want a phone geared for productivity, that has a keyboard and that can still run any necessary apps without headaches, go straight to a KEY2 / KEY2 LE if within your budget.
    heli0 likes this.
    12-02-18 01:52 AM