TCL promised a support until August 2022.
    I contacted them via the USA hotline number and email. They didn’t pick up my calls at all during hours of wait in the last week. They never responded to my emails as well.
    Any idea what’s going on?
    irob20000 and Karan Riar like this.
    01-26-22 06:01 PM
    I contacted them via the USA hotline number and email. They didn’t pick up my calls at all during hours of wait in the last week. They never responded to my emails as well.
    BBMo is dead, but they transfered support back to the parent company TCL. They are supposedly still there until Aug 2022, yes.
    01-26-22 07:48 PM
    No they promised to provide support till August 2022 for those in markets with 2 Year warranty requirements... if your in the USA, your one year warranty has expired (Clock started from the date of their shutdown, not when you might have bought it from some random seller).

But BBMo is gone, TCL is handling in support for those devices that qualify.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-22 08:31 AM
    Technically-for customers still entitled to support by warranty laws in certain regions and countries, TCL is handling remaining support period.

BlackBerry Mobile is pretty much in the mobile phone OEM graveyard after short but valiant effort.
    01-27-22 09:12 AM
    In the US, TCL support is totally dead.
    I tried contacting them for a space bar issue in my KEY2 last July. No one answered my many calls or emails. No one there to pick up a call from start.

The only BlackBerry device that could get a support now is the Priv. I had an issue with mine and it was out of warranty. I paid the $35 incident support. The support team was very great, and they finally determined it is a hardware issue and sent me a new sealed Priv.

This support comes from BlackBerry limited. It is exclusively for the Priv. BlackBerry limited even has transfered the support of Dtek 50 and 60 to TCL, whose support is dead.
    01-27-22 02:38 PM
    In the US, TCL support is totally dead.
    I tried contacting them for a space bar issue in my KEY2 last July. No one answered my many calls or emails. No one there to pick up a call from start.

The only BlackBerry device that could get a support now is the Priv. I had an issue with mine and it was out of warranty. I paid the $35 incident support. The support team was very great, and they finally determined it is a hardware issue and sent me a new sealed Priv.

This support comes from BlackBerry limited. It is exclusively for the Priv. BlackBerry limited even has transfered the support of Dtek 50 and 60 to TCL, whose support is dead.
    A free Red KEY2 doesn't seem like "dead support" to me lol
    01-27-22 09:31 PM
    A free Red KEY2 doesn't seem like "dead support" to me lol
    Lol
    It was a huge surprise 😂
    The time and energy I spent to reach that guy were astonishing.

Guess for how much it was sold?
    01-27-22 09:37 PM