I've been using Android phones for quite some time (Not a fan of apple) and my current phone, the "Aquos Sharp Crystal" is on its last legs. So time has come to find a new phone. I don't know what it was but I suddenly got the feeling I wanted to try something new.

Enter Blackberry.
    I'm no businessman. I work retail, not even in management.
    I mainly use my smartphone for web, text, and some apps. (Facebook, Skype, Banking, e-mails, occasionally snapchat, Steam, and admittedly, some dating apps) That being said, I'm not looking for top tier phones. Hell...I'm not looking to spend over $200.

I did see a "Blackberry Leap" however for around $160
    My current plan? Boost Mobile Monthly unlimited for Android
    So firstly...is it worth someone like me to look into Blackberry phones to begin with?
    If so, then secondly, what provider/service can I get monthly unlimited data with and still retain all functions of said Blackberry Device?
    04-16-16 08:33 PM
    I would say no point in leaving android now...that's the direction BlackBerry is headed if it continues to produce hardware.
    BlackBerry Priv would be obvious choice but certainly not available for under $200.
    BB10 is my preferred OS..really is a fantastic but I'm not convinced the Leap is a good choice for you despite the relatively low cost..have a feeling you might struggle with the lack of apps although there are currently ways to access Google Play services.
    FYI Snap chat is not available on BB10 devices any longer and the recent changes to Facebook on bb10 has left many quite frustrated.
    Interested in reading what other folks would suggest??
    04-16-16 09:42 PM
    I had unlimited everything on my BlackBerry Z10, I'm using the BlackBerry Priv now and still get unlimited everything. Talk , text and Data all unlimited..

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    04-16-16 09:46 PM
    I would agree with Lusitano. It sounds to me that you are going to need those apps and BB10 may not be for you. I am a huge BB10 fan myself, but I recognize the fact that there is an app deficiency. I use very few android apps, but the ones that I have work well on my Passport and spare z10. You will probably have headaches if you depend on apps. Just my opinion, anyway, good luck on your choice.
    04-16-16 09:50 PM
    In short, not for you.

Reading your app list alone might show disappointment in your switch to BlackBerry 10, honestly.

Facebook recently lost its native app support. Skype is just the Android version, while emails are fine, Snapchat is completely unavailable on BlackBerry 10 (Other than the use of the Casper third-party app).

Also, switching to BlackBerry 10 isn't gonna do any good. The platform is already dying out and no new devices will be coming out (Or at least with no announcements). In about a year, all BlackBerry 10 devices will be outdated and the want for something more up-to-date will uprise.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-17-16 12:43 AM
    Unfortunately, I agree with these guys. I love BlackBerry 10 but my app needs are minimal so, with regret, it's Android or IOS to keep you satisfied. BlackBerry 10 is the best UI, but without the apps it's an OS with limited appeal.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-17-16 02:12 AM
    Hmmm wait for mid range full touch from BlackBerry
    04-17-16 02:41 AM
    Sorry I have been a guy that has strayed and always come back to BlackBerry. But as of tomorrow I'm out. I sold my Z30 on eBay and will now either goto BlackBerry Priv or to iPhone. You need apps and some of the apps you mentioned don't exist or don't work on BB10. It is unfortunate as I love BB10 Os. The swiping is so efficient. But I need some apps that are no longer available or don't work properly on BB10. Something as simple as push notifications for sports apps or eBay or.....

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 12:54 AM
    >Facebook
    >Skype
    >Banking
    >Snapchat

Android.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-18-16 12:55 AM
    No BlackBerry bbos10 for you unless you like lots of tinkering to get apps to work.

I use this passport only for the form factor. It tool a lot of work to get things working the way I like it. Coming from a Moto X Android.

Posted via CB10 with the Passport SE
    04-18-16 01:04 AM
    Sorry I have been a guy that has strayed and always come back to BlackBerry. But as of tomorrow I'm out. I sold my Z30 on eBay and will now either goto BlackBerry Priv or to iPhone. You need apps and some of the apps you mentioned don't exist or don't work on BB10. It is unfortunate as I love BB10 Os. The swiping is so efficient. But I need some apps that are no longer available or don't work properly on BB10. Something as simple as push notifications for sports apps or eBay or.....

Posted via CB10
    I tried the iPhone and S7 and wasn't happy, so I took them both back after 13 days, I had 14 days before I had to return them or be stuck with them. When I bought the BlackBerry Priv I didn't ever think about how many days I had left before I was stuck with it, I knew after day 1 it was the phone for me. I came from the Z10 and I love this phone, the S7 I thought was junk and the iPhone wasn't bad but just to get free apps I had to put in a credit card and I didn't like that, plus trying to text on it was a mess. I don't skip a beat with the Priv and I love it. Here's my set up.

Attached Thumbnails Is BlackBerry for me?-screenshot_2016-04-17-16-19-05.jpg ย 
    04-18-16 05:51 AM
    I tried the iPhone and S7 and wasn't happy, so I took them both back after 13 days, I had 14 days before I had to return them or be stuck with them. When I bought the BlackBerry Priv I didn't ever think about how many days I had left before I was stuck with it, I knew after day 1 it was the phone for me. I came from the Z10 and I love this phone, the S7 I thought was junk and the iPhone wasn't bad but just to get free apps I had to put in a credit card and I didn't like that, plus trying to text on it was a mess. I don't skip a beat with the Priv and I love it. Here's my set up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv โ„ข
    I'm curious, what differentiated the Priv from the S7 for you? Both are Android. I never understood the brand loyalty amongst Android users. Sure each brand has their little touches but play store launchers pretty much make them all the same. It's basically a hardware specs battle to me.

I know the Priv has the PKB but was that all that was needed to win you over?
    04-18-16 02:28 PM
    I'm curious, what differentiated the Priv from the S7 for you? Both are Android. I never understood the brand loyalty amongst Android users. Sure each brand has their little touches but play store launchers pretty much make them all the same. It's basically a hardware specs battle to me.

I know the Priv has the PKB but was that all that was needed to win you over?
    I don't understand either. The S7 is also a more powerful device with a better modified version of Android.

After watching review and review over and over, it's been said a million times that the Priv's version of Android is hardly modified by BlackBerry, and that it's actually even less secure than that of the later Nexus models.

As for speed and camera, the S7 is currently top three in Android cameras (As of Tuesday, 19 April 2016).

Sure, the Priv looks classy, and has a physical keyboard, it's been said to be a total disappointment, even to some BlackBerry loyalists. So I don't see how he can go on to say the S7 is junk.

iPhone though, I can somewhat understand.
    04-18-16 04:32 PM
    I don't understand either. The S7 is also a more powerful device with a better modified version of Android. .
    How is the S7 android OS better than the BlackBerry android OS ? I'm aware that BlackBerry version cannot be rooted but what does Samsung offer that sets it apart?
    04-18-16 04:58 PM
    Priv is pretty nice and the app suite is nice as well. You can get it on other devices but then you are going to need to follow each and every update.

Priv has most specs to make it desirable, plus it looks great and the keyboard is wonderful. It's literally the only android device with a keyboard.
    04-18-16 05:01 PM
    The S7 is a very nice phone, but it lagged a lot froze up daily and what really made me had it was for every account I set up the phone would make 2 each, took it to Att and they said it's not the first case that they've seen. They actually told me the Priv was better in every aspect except for the battery and after being a BlackBerry user for 15 years I end up buying the Priv. I haven't had any problems with the Priv and I think it's an awesome phone. My cousin bought a S7 last week and got one free , he's been checking out my phone and today when I showed up to work he had the BlackBerry Priv! I asked him what the deal was and he said he didn't like the S7 but his wife did, it's her 1st android. My cousin has always used android, but anyway he said he just didn't like the S7 and after seeing my Priv everyday that's what he bought. His only complaint is there's no other box for the BlackBerry Priv. ๐Ÿ˜€

04-18-16 09:47 PM
    You might spend some time on one in a store before you make that leap. I have an Android now, and I much preferred my Blackberry Curve 8900. Times changed and phones got a lot more complicated, but I still miss using the Curve. It was very intuitive and easy to use. Actually, on the Android, I feel "apped" to death. Everthing has got to have one when browser access would work just as well. At any rate, Blackberry is reliable and secure and an excellent phone but you will have to test drive one to decide whether you might like it.
    04-18-16 11:19 PM
    How is the S7 android OS better than the BlackBerry android OS ? I'm aware that BlackBerry version cannot be rooted but what does Samsung offer that sets it apart?
    For one thing, BlackBerry's version of Android is hardly modified. It adds a few extra apps and its own security, but that's about it right now. The camera is immensely slow and needs some software improvement, the software doesn't seem optimised to run as fast as other Android devices, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone. It just needs to be developed more.

Samsung has been developing on their software forward a really long time now. I'm a new user to Samsung, but there have already been so many things that stick out, such as the special Edge Screen, Smart Manager, optimisation to run on their devices, etc. People talk about this whole TouchWiz thing but I don't quite understand that.

At thin point, the battle between these two devices lie upon development. Specs come close, but the S7 is obviously a much newer device, giving it an advantage.
    04-19-16 02:27 AM
    So time has come to find a new phone. I don't know what it was but I suddenly got the feeling I wanted to try something new.
    That's pretty much why I switched from android to the BB passport. I was never a heavy social-media user, rather I'd read books and play games on my xperia phone. There are apps I need but so far I haven't been able to get android apps working. I love BB10 and the passport though, no plans to revert to android.
    04-20-16 02:49 PM
    That's pretty much why I switched from android to the BB passport. I was never a heavy social-media user, rather I'd read books and play games on my xperia phone. There are apps I need but so far I haven't been able to get android apps working. I love BB10 and the passport though, no plans to revert to android.
    Have you tried loading Cobalts files. It will enable access to Google play services. Check the following thread out. Read first page carefully.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    04-20-16 04:07 PM
    For one thing, BlackBerry's version of Android is hardly modified. It adds a few extra apps and its own security, but that's about it right now. The camera is immensely slow and needs some software improvement, the software doesn't seem optimised to run as fast as other Android devices, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone. It just needs to be developed more.

Samsung has been developing on their software forward a really long time now. I'm a new user to Samsung, but there have already been so many things that stick out, such as the special Edge Screen, Smart Manager, optimisation to run on their devices, etc. People talk about this whole TouchWiz thing but I don't quite understand that.

At thin point, the battle between these two devices lie upon development. Specs come close, but the S7 is obviously a much newer device, giving it an advantage.
    That's your opinion and I respect that, but to me the S7 I had was junk and don't compare to the BlackBerry Priv that I got when I ditched the S7 ๐Ÿ‘Œ

04-20-16 06:38 PM
    That's your opinion and I respect that, but to me the S7 I had was junk and don't compare to the BlackBerry Priv that I got when I ditched the S7 ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Well what I stated was mostly objective because they were all true. About the development of the software between the two devices, Samsung obviously had a lot more time to toy around with it, and that's a fact.

As for opinions, I'll respect yours. I have no say in it because I don't own a Priv nor an S7. I've just been doing research between the software abilities between the two devices. But it's all your choice.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-21-16 06:06 PM