I observe that when using d native Maps application on BlackBerry OS 7.1 or something, it shows me my travelling speed if I'm on the road. But the Maps on BlackBerry OS 10 will not even show me my speed and I actually expected it 2 b smarter. Is dere anything I can do about it?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 11:25 AM
    Why do you need to know your traveling speed?

If your driving a vehicle you have a speedometer right infront of you.
    06-17-15 11:40 AM
    Why do you need to know your traveling speed?

If your driving a vehicle you have a speedometer right infront of you.
    It's like they took a step backwards. It's supposed to get better, not worse.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    Mayowa Pitan likes this.
    06-17-15 12:16 PM
    I observe that when using d native Maps application on BlackBerry OS 7.1 or something, it shows me my travelling speed if I'm on the road. But the Maps on BlackBerry OS 10 will not even show me my speed and I actually expected it 2 b smarter. Is dere anything I can do about it?

Posted via CB10
    As mentioned before, that is what your speedometer is for. Plus, it is probably a better idea to keep your eyes on the road as opposed to your mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:43 PM
    As mentioned before, that is what your speedometer is for. Plus, it is probably a better idea to keep your eyes on the road as opposed to your mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    Speedometers are always going to be a few percent wrong depending on tire pressure.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:58 PM
    OP, check out NavFree I too have wondered why BB Maps doesn't have a speedometer. I am in and out of a few different company vehicles a day and can't aways remember to grab my window mount for my phone. So the most obvious place to rest my phone is in the dash where the speedometer is, not sure why others can't picture this scenario.

So yes, check out NavFree it shows your speed.
    06-17-15 03:11 PM
    OP, check out NavFree I too have wondered why BB Maps doesn't have a speedometer. I am in and out of a few different company vehicles a day and can't aways remember to grab my window mount for my phone. So the most obvious place to rest my phone is in the dash where the speedometer is, not sure why others can't picture this scenario.

So yes, check out NavFree it shows your speed.
    Because do you really care that much if your going 61 or 60? If you can't read an analog speedometer than you shouldn't be driving.

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    06-17-15 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    The short answer is no, you can't do anything about it. They left a lot of the BlackBerry Traffic features out of BlackBerry Maps on OS10

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Mayowa Pitan likes this.
    06-17-15 07:02 PM
    u won't believe u were the only one that answered my simple question: is there anything I can do about it. Thanks a lot for your smartness as opposed to d 1s that said y can't I fix my eye on the speedometer
    What if the speedometer has a fault, who told you I am the one driving. I'm sitting at the back in a commuter bus and wanna know how soon will i get to my destination. I think those pple are just narrow thinkers. And one called himself a crackberry genius of geniuses. I squirm
    06-18-15 08:25 AM
    u won't believe u were the only one that answered my simple question: is there anything I can do about it. Thanks a lot for your smartness as opposed to d 1s that said y can't I fix my eye on the speedometer
    What if the speedometer has a fault, who told you I am the one driving. I'm sitting at the back in a commuter bus and wanna know how soon will i get to my destination. I think those pple are just narrow thinkers. And one called himself a crackberry genius of geniuses. I squirm
    lol i didn't call myself ****, thats a site built title

PS you don't need a speedometer built into maps to know how soon your going to get to your destination. use gps, map the route and run the directions, it'll give you an time ETA.

talking about narrow thinkers, your only looking to do something one way instead of exploring other options.
    06-18-15 08:39 AM
    Because do you really care that much if your going 61 or 60? If you can't read an analog speedometer than you shouldn't be driving.

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    Thanks Kris we can always count on responses like this in all your post.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    06-26-15 09:32 PM
    lol i didn't call myself ****, thats a site built title

PS you don't need a speedometer built into maps to know how soon your going to get to your destination. use gps, map the route and run the directions, it'll give you an time ETA.

talking about narrow thinkers, your only looking to do something one way instead of exploring other options.
    If u still don't know d speed at which u travelling, ur ETA will fall short if anything happens like traffic caused by an accident or u run out of fuel or just about anything. I actually like 2 know d speed I'm travelling at. Forget how soon I'll get 2 my destination. As 4 narrow thinkers, I'm deeply sorry about that. Thanks 4 ur help. I've downloaded Navfree and it's cool. Problem solved... lol

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:45 AM