I use Windows 7 and synchronize contacts and calender in between my Q10 and Outlook on the PC with Blackberry Link.
    Today I get the error message that Blackberry Link it is no longer working.
    I have tried to fix the problem. Then I deleated I-Tunes from the computer. Then I deleated Blackberry Link and downloaded it again.
    It all makes no difference.
    What shall I do?
    09-24-17 01:40 AM
    You're lucky that the now obsolete and out of date BlackBerry Link latest this long.

What you need to do is sync your Office Outlook contacts and calendar to Outlook.com and then add that account to your Q10.

Then instead of having to do manual backups, your contacts and calendar events will automatically backup with live two way sync'ing.

And when you get another phone, all you have to do to transfer your contacts and calendar is to add your Outlook.com account.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 09-25-17 at 12:16 AM.
    09-24-17 10:01 PM
    Thanks your for your answer re outlook.
    But I do not want to use a cloud and/or wifi. I want to sync physically, with a USB-Cable.
    Since Blackberry Link is no longer working I am looking for an alternative option to sync directly between my computer and cell phone. Which software could I use?
    10-09-17 01:12 PM
    With BB10... none. Their are some solutions for Android, but of the better known ones, they didn't work. You can download some software to create your own in house email server and then sync the data between Desktop Outlook and your phone.... someone here did that. Think he used a space PC with Linux (do you know Linux) and a Exchange type software package.

But in general best solution is to accept the cloud is here....
    10-09-17 01:22 PM
    I use BB Link with Windows 7. Occasionally Link fails to see my phone (which I connect via USB). Usually quitting Link and restarting it fixes that, but sometimes I have to reboot the PC and start Link again after that. It should pop up a window for you to input your phone password, and then it will see your phone. Also, if you open MyComputer, your phone should show up as 2 extra drives, Y:/ and Z:/. Y is your SD card and Z is your internal memory. You can drag & drop files from those "drives" directly to/from your PC. In fact, you can close Link and still see those drives until the next time you reboot your PC, as long as your phone has an active USB connection.

I use Windows 7 and synchronize contacts and calender in between my Q10 and Outlook on the PC with Blackberry Link.
    Today I get the error message that Blackberry Link it is no longer working.
    I have tried to fix the problem. Then I deleated I-Tunes from the computer. Then I deleated Blackberry Link and downloaded it again.
    It all makes no difference.
    What shall I do?
    10-11-17 07:44 AM