Before conducting a security wipe of my BlackBerry Classic, I created a full backup using BlackBerry Link. There were no issues during this process.

I then ran the security wipe with the Classic disconnected from the computer. Once it had reset to factory defaults, I tried re-connecting the Classic to my PC; but every time I tried to run BlackBerry Link, Windows now displays a "BlackBerry Link has stopped working" error and the program won't launch.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing BlackBerry Link several times now (even going so far as to manually delete any leftover files/folders with BlackBerry or Research In Motion for good measure) without success. Every time I try to launch BlackBerry Link with or without the Classic connected, it fails before launching with the same "stopped working" error message.

I have no idea what else I can do and want to be able to restore data from the backup, which I can't do without BlackBerry Link. Below are the pertinent stats I can think to provide:

PC OS: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1, 64-Bit)
    BlackBerry Link: Version (Prior to re-installs)
    BlackBerry Classic: BB 10 OS Version
    10-05-16 10:17 PM
    How are you uninstalling BlackBerry Link? Through the built-in Windows uninstaller or are you using the BlackBerry Link uninstall process? You can try cleanly uninstalling it using the Link installer/uninstaller as it sounds as though despite uninstalling it, there's still bits of it remaining. Additionally, you could also just move your backup to a different PC if available and restore that way and deal with the issue later if the backup is the more important part here.
    10-05-16 10:33 PM
    If you have iTunes in your PC and you've recently updated it this may be of interest.

I'm statng the obvious but make sure to reboot your PC prior to the fresh Link installation

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-05-16 10:41 PM