I received a replacement Classic from Verizon and I've been trying to copy my old Classic to the new Classic using Blackberry Link. Previously, you could either use the Switch feature or make a backup of the old phone and restore that file to the new phone to get all your apps installed. This is important to me since there are some apps no longer available in BB World that I have installed, and since Snap is not working with the new BB OS.

Now, it appears Link does not do any of that for me. Are others finding that to be the case?

I even installed an old computer with Windows 7 to try to get BB Link to work. It's been very frustrating, especially since BB closed their support.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    04-11-17 08:13 PM
    Is your new Classic running the same OS version as your old Classic? For instance, is one running 10.3.2 and the other 10.3.3? If so, you won't be able to restore the backup from one phone to the other.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    04-11-17 10:41 PM
    I received a replacement Classic from Verizon and I've been trying to copy my old Classic to the new Classic using Blackberry Link. Previously, you could either use the Switch feature or make a backup of the old phone and restore that file to the new phone to get all your apps installed. This is important to me since there are some apps no longer available in BB World that I have installed, and since Snap is not working with the new BB OS.

Now, it appears Link does not do any of that for me. Are others finding that to be the case?

I even installed an old computer with Windows 7 to try to get BB Link to work. It's been very frustrating, especially since BB closed their support.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    What isn't working?

Can LINK connect to both phones?

Is it a problem with connection, the backup or the restore (switch) process?
    04-12-17 10:10 AM
    The problem is exactly how I described. The data/apps from old phone is not being transferred to the new phone.Connections are fine. You can't do a Switch if both phones are not connecting.

I did check to make sure that the OS was the same with both phones and they are both 10.3.3.2205 and software release 10.3.3.1463.

I just confirmed that there are issues with the replacement Classic phone as I was able to successfully switch my old Classic with a different BB 10 phone, so it is not an issue with Link after all. Thanks to those that replied!
    04-12-17 11:02 AM
    Glad you figured it out, and I hope you returned the faulty phone to Verizon for another replacement that isn't broken!
    The problem is exactly how I described. The data/apps from old phone is not being transferred to the new phone.Connections are fine. You can't do a Switch if both phones are not connecting.

I did check to make sure that the OS was the same with both phones and they are both 10.3.3.2205 and software release 10.3.3.1463.

I just confirmed that there are issues with the replacement Classic phone as I was able to successfully switch my old Classic with a different BB 10 phone, so it is not an issue with Link after all. Thanks to those that replied!
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    04-18-17 06:19 AM