I've just realized that backup files are missing for recent Passport and Z30 devices on my Mac Air laptop.

Using BB Link I have been routinely backing up these devices for several months. Or at least I thought I was, because Link progressed through all the steps looking like the backup succeeded.

However, I've just recently discovered the backup files are no where to be found on my Mac Air. They are not in the Device File Backup Location defined in General Preferences. Nor can they be found with a search of my entire drive.

Where could they be? Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 12:23 PM
    You have searched for files with the extension "bbb" ?

My Z30 backups also have the prefix "Z30" as part of the filename.

Also, can you search for files by SIZE - they should be fairly large.
    03-26-15 01:17 PM
    I know where all the files are supposed to be. And for 2 Z10s that I also backup routinely, the files are there, but for the Passport and a Z30 the files just aren't there.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:16 PM
    Ok... more information... though sadly not good.

I now realize that my devices have not been backing up at all. Link goes through the motions of saying that backup is in progress. Even shows status on device. But it shows 0% for the longest while and then goes immediately to 100%. At this point it states that backup is complete.

However, no backup file is created within the folder defined. Also, the status for device in BB Link still shows that it has never been backed up.

Anyone else having backup problems?

Turns out the backups I thought I'd been performing for the last many months don't even exist.

BB Link is a disaster! And this from a company who thinks their future is in software?
    04-01-15 06:16 PM