Hi, As I'm not sure which forum deals with Link, / Blend / Desktop please excuse my posting here.

I se that Blackberry Link 1.2.4 is available (Doh! If I put links, even to Blackberry.com pages it says it's spam, not helpful), but when I click on 'Download the lastest version' I get redirected to a UK page ...

Then I click on the 'Download for PC' button I get send here:
    (sigh, link removed)

Where the versions is 'BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software Installer v1.2.0.52 (Windows OS)'.

Is 1.2.4 just not available in the UK? Help appreciated.

Thanks, Captain K

PS: OK, I know people will laugh at someone who wants to STILL use Blackberry Link, but ... I do lots of remote off-grid travelling where Blend / Outlook.com would be no use to me.
    09-26-17 07:30 AM
    Where the versions is 'BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software Installer v1.2.0.52 (Windows OS)'.

It will auto update, no matter what version you download anyway assuming there is an update.
    Not sure about UK.... but I always just download BLEND, and it includes the whole desktop software solution.https://uk.blackberry.com/software/d...ackberry-blend
    09-26-17 09:55 AM

It will auto update, no matter what version you download anyway assuming there is an update.
    09-26-17 02:47 PM
    As I really just want the sync with my desktop version of Outlook I thought Blend seemed rather overkill?

Thanks for the suggestion re Blend, I notice on the Blend page it says it can be installed 'next to BB Link' - so two installs then?

Anyway, I followed your Blend link and still get sent to the same page as before where I can only download 'BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software Installer v1.2.0.52 (Windows OS)" ... ? at: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5C7D7B210455DE

I've tried it on more that one machine and different OS, still get bounced to the same place.

Thanks, Captain K
    09-27-17 10:40 AM
    Yes, that's what I though, but after Z10 update (via the PC), when I looked in <Preferences>, <About> it still had the old version ...
    Well, silly me, now that I've rebooted the OS the BB Link version is 1.2.4.39 (where's the smiley for grovelling apologies . ?).
    Thanks mightilty!
    Captain K
    09-27-17 10:46 AM
    Ok, so I still have the main issue I started with that my Z10 won't sync anymore since the update - I see there's some separate threads on that (which I have followed to no avail, including <Remove device>, shut down and restart everything), so I'll go post on one of those. Thanks.
    09-27-17 10:50 AM
    Ok, so I still have the main issue I started with that my Z10 won't sync anymore since the update - I see there's some separate threads on that (which I have followed to no avail, including <Remove device>, shut down and restart everything), so I'll go post on one of those. Thanks.
    What version of Outlook are you using? It won't work with 2016 or newer.
    10-04-17 02:56 PM
    Ahhhhh, sooooo!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, Thank you so much for your comment ... how would I find that out but for the generosity of people like yourself!

In the meantime I had moved BBerry Link to a W 7 machine and it worked there ... but that has O 2007, and the one that didn't work did indeed have O ... I thought it was the OS! Doh ...

Oh for stuff that just works! [Like this site and its spam threshold paranoia - can't mention the OS oR the software it seems ...]

Being 66, and having started programming in 1983 on (removed to avoid threshold) computers I have seen just about every possible combination of software / hardware compatibility and incompatibility there is!

I kind of get a (unhealthy probably) joy in getting things to work against the odds - but do feel for 'real users' who (understandably) don't have the skills to make stuff work.

One day, cyberspace will be really great - like in a Greg Bear book such as 'Eon' - till then we CyberOutlaws hack on!

Ciao, and thanks again, Captain K
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-04-17 03:32 PM