I've just updated to Android 8.1 from 7.0 on my BE and now I am not able to connect to LTE only HSPA+ (4G W/O LTE) is this a bug in 8.1 on the BE? LTE was working for the few minutes I had 7.0 before I updated my phone.... Suggestions? Fixes? Let me know I've already tried APN change for ATT, restarting, and turning airplane mode on and off and nothing changed to enable LTE
    04-16-19 04:50 PM
    I've just updated to Android 8.1 from 7.0 on my BE and now I am not able to connect to LTE only HSPA+ (4G W/O LTE) is this a bug in 8.1 on the BE? LTE was working for the few minutes I had 7.0 before I updated my phone.... Suggestions? Fixes? Let me know I've already tried APN change for ATT, restarting, and turning airplane mode on and off and nothing changed to enable LTE
    I’m using a recently purchased BE after using the AT&T KEYone...

No problems. Are you AT&T prepaid or postpaid? What’s your PRD number? Did you get a new SIM for new device?
    04-16-19 09:22 PM
    I’m using a recently purchased BE after using the AT&T KEYone...

No problems. Are you AT&T prepaid or postpaid? What’s your PRD number? Did you get a new SIM for new device?
    The new sim was never registered to any device although the old sim showed it was used in both an alcatel and iPhone (don't even own both those).... I'm on ATT Prepaid
    04-16-19 09:30 PM
    I’m on AT&T postpaid. What’s your PRD number?
    04-16-19 09:31 PM
    bbb100-001
    04-16-19 09:36 PM
    bbb100-001
    The device PRD can be retrieved by typing *#837837# into your phone dialer.
    04-16-19 09:39 PM
    under hardware version it says PRD-63117-035
    04-16-19 09:42 PM
    under hardware version it says PRD-63117-035
    035 is not the -1 but is the -2 and intended for the UK space

You’re most likely missing the necessary AT&T LTE bands either completely or for your area. My PRD ends in 039 and my AT&T model ends in 036 with both -1 models. Can you return or dispute if misrepresentation?
    04-16-19 09:46 PM
    I really don't feel like sending this back since it already took me almost 4 weeks to get this replacement for my first K1 with the broken 4G antennas from Amazon USA reseller listed to me in another post... and that was with expedited shipping! can I ever get a working K1? really making me not want another Blackberry even though I REALLY love the physical keyboard
    04-16-19 09:52 PM
    035 is not the -1 but is the -2 and intended for the UK space

You’re most likely missing the necessary AT&T LTE bands either completely or for your area. My PRD ends in 039 and my AT&T model ends in 036 with both -1 models. Can you return or dispute if misrepresentation?
    the thing is it was working just fine with LTE on Android 7.0 but as soon as I updated to 8.1 it only picks up 4G HSPA+ now
    04-16-19 09:58 PM
    I really don't feel like sending this back since it already took me almost 4 weeks to get this replacement for my first K1 with the broken 4G antennas from Amazon USA reseller listed to me in another post... and that was with expedited shipping! can I ever get a working K1? really making me not want another Blackberry even though I REALLY love the physical keyboard
    If you want optimal performance, you have to use the optimized device. If there weren’t differences, there wouldn’t be different versions.

Not to be rude, but either return it, or quit complaining. This isn’t nuclear physics... if the device was sold misrepresented, I wouldn’t accept it..
    whitieiii likes this.
    04-16-19 10:27 PM
    i'm sending it back tomorrow and getting a 3rd BB K1 (2nd BE) and depending on how much the BB K1 BE 100-001 goes for on Ebay I might just get the K2 LE as paying any more then $275 for a K1 BE isn't worth it IMO
    04-17-19 04:18 AM
    i'm sending it back tomorrow and getting a 3rd BB K1 (2nd BE) and depending on how much the BB K1 BE 100-001 goes for on Ebay I might just get the K2 LE as paying any more then $275 for a K1 BE isn't worth it IMO
    There’s another thread where jackcarr and I linked to actual listings for our KEYone BE that are the correct ones for your specific use case.
    04-17-19 07:44 AM
    There’s another thread where jackcarr and I linked to actual listings for our KEYone BE that are the correct ones for your specific use case.
    Ok that's good... I'm hoping for one with an imei matching box but can't get so lucky as long as it works and is the correct model I'm happy at this point.. i missed a nice K2 LE -5 model last night so I'll be on the lookout until my refund comes back into my account... Most likely gonna be another K1 BE though....

yea i did buy the BE from an Amazon link listed here by one of you and got a -2 model everything original and brand new just with a replacement usa power adapter instead of the UK plug.. can't for the life of me see anywhere where the model is listed on the Amazon page so you could just be sent any K1 BE model
    04-17-19 12:13 PM
    Ok that's good... I'm hoping for one with an imei matching box but can't get so lucky as long as it works and is the correct model I'm happy at this point.. i missed a nice K2 LE -5 model last night so I'll be on the lookout until my refund comes back into my account... Most likely gonna be another K1 BE though....

yea i did buy the BE from an Amazon link listed here by one of you and got a -2 model everything original and brand new just with a replacement usa power adapter instead of the UK plug.. can't for the life of me see anywhere where the model is listed on the Amazon page so you could just be sent any K1 BE model
    If you only buy from Amazon as the seller and fulfillment, you should only get the -1 PRD 039 in USA from USA Amazon site. Any other seller, you have to contact via Amazon message to verify specs. Quit wasting your time with anything other than -1 PRD 039 BE if you're on AT&T here in the states. I learned that with couple of devices already.
    04-17-19 01:37 PM
    If you only buy from Amazon as the seller and fulfillment, you should only get the -1 PRD 039 in USA from USA Amazon site. Any other seller, you have to contact via Amazon message to verify specs. Quit wasting your time with anything other than -1 PRD 039 BE if you're on AT&T here in the states. I learned that with couple of devices already.
    Didn't mean to pick up a UK K1 BE but sellers don't disclose the information all the time and Amazon can only go by what's on their listing... some of them don't know the difference or even there is a UK and USA one just assume they are all the same... it's hit and miss.... I'm sticking to ebay from now where I can verify from the seller not from the site.... I'm gonna message ebay sellers before I buy because I don't want to send back a 3rd phone do to broken 4G antennas or because they mislabeled the listing
    04-17-19 02:29 PM
    just dropped off the K1 BE to UPS for return and Amazon should get it back in 2 days
    04-17-19 02:31 PM
    Didn't mean to pick up a UK K1 BE but sellers don't disclose the information all the time and Amazon can only go by what's on their listing... some of them don't know the difference or even there is a UK and USA one just assume they are all the same... it's hit and miss.... I'm sticking to ebay from now where I can verify from the seller not from the site.... I'm gonna message ebay sellers before I buy because I don't want to send back a 3rd phone do to broken 4G antennas or because they mislabeled the listing
    I use both as you'll find the same resellers use both for your variety of reasons. Within Amazon, you have the ability to list retailers by price and then each retailer can be contacted directly through Amazon messaging from within their Amazon "store" directly. Unfortunately the Q&A section on the item listing page isn't reseller specific, hence I believe the problems you've had questioning device specs.

Good luck. I saw your other questions regarding Key2 and I'll share information there for that device.
    04-17-19 02:40 PM