Hi everybody!

After my 2nd DTEK50 packed up, and given that BB are not making phones anymore, I went the Samsung way (Galaxy S9). Not bad, but they keyboard is driving me mad. I type in 2 languages and I have to keep switching between English and Spanish.

So, my question is: is it possible to install the BB Keyboard app on a non BlackBerry phone? I have the apk file of the version I want.

Has anybody tried this?
    08-14-20 04:16 PM
    Hi everybody!

After my 2nd DTEK50 packed up, and given that BB are not making phones anymore, I went the Samsung way (Galaxy S9). Not bad, but they keyboard is driving me mad. I type in 2 languages and I have to keep switching between English and Spanish.

So, my question is: is it possible to install the BB Keyboard app on a non BlackBerry phone? I have the apk file of the version I want.

Has anybody tried this?
    Here you go.

https://mega.nz/file/iahjmAzA#cKIfG-...yA280sJd9xY_n4
    08-14-20 04:40 PM
    Has anybody tried this?
    Pretty much everyone on here and the main thread is: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...l#post13534319
    08-14-20 05:19 PM
    What version is that one Ben? I think a newer one is on the main thread link above but I could be wrong.
    08-14-20 05:21 PM
    BlackBerry really should open up the BB Keyboard app to all compatible devices on the Play Store, include with Hub+ subscription or make it a one time purchase. They might as well squeeze what money they can out of their software offerings.
    08-14-20 06:22 PM
    BlackBerry really should open up the BB Keyboard app to all compatible devices on the Play Store, include with Hub+ subscription or make it a one time purchase. They might as well squeeze what money they can out of their software offerings.
    But then they would be pressured to update all the time. They are trying to get away from anything to do with these devices.
    08-14-20 06:47 PM
    They can't. They licence IP from SwiftKey and aren't allowed to compete with them.
    08-14-20 06:58 PM
    What version is that one Ben? I think a newer one is on the main thread link above but I could be wrong.
    V3.x that I extracted a while ago, I just know it worked to install directly on my P30.
    08-14-20 10:23 PM
    V3.x that I extracted a while ago, I just know it worked to install directly on my P30.
    Ah ok thanks. 3.4.1 is the newest you can use without cobalt's manager. I have v4 on my P9 ( with cobalt manager) and my wife has 3.4.1 on her P30.
    08-14-20 10:33 PM