Do you think BB would ever make their keyboard app for iOS? I would pay money for that app.
    10-12-17 12:21 PM
    Do you think BB would ever make their keyboard app for iOS? I would pay money for that app.
    Technically, they had plans to. Not sure whatever happened to those plans though, they never released it.
    10-12-17 12:40 PM
    I suspect legal stepped in and informed them that their licensing from SwfitKey did not included them creating a competing product.
    10-12-17 01:31 PM
    BlackBerry keyboard for ios will be awesome.
    10-12-17 01:44 PM
    Doesn't make sense for a company based on security to make a keyboard for IOS when it can't be used in secure fields due to OS restriction.
    10-12-17 02:06 PM
    Doesn't make sense for a company based on security to make a keyboard for IOS when it can't be used in secure fields due to OS restriction.
    If they could make any money it would..... I suspect the reason the original three Suites of Apps never made it to market or the one they released for Android hasn't made it to iOS is simply that their isn't a viable market for them. If they weren't trying to do something with Android Hardware, not sure there would be anything.

In the end, they don't really "own" the keyboard thus they can't sell it. Their licencing is restricted to their devices only, which is why it isn't part of the Suite of Apps that other Android users can download.

I do wonder what "secure fields" there are left.....
    10-12-17 02:34 PM
    Can you qualify the secure fields that do not all iOS? IOS has the highest US Government security certifications.
    10-13-17 10:02 AM
    Can you qualify the secure fields that do not all iOS? IOS has the highest US Government security certifications.
    3rd party keyboard can't be used for passwords, any field where you'd see *** for input. It will bring up the native keyboard instead. One could say its because Apple values security but Apple could test keyboards for data sent outside the device and only certify one's that don't to be able to input in those fields or create a secure mode keyboard api that prevents keyboards from storing data in that mode and trigger that on secure fields but thats not Apples way of doing things.
    Last edited by Ment; 10-13-17 at 11:32 AM.
    10-13-17 11:19 AM
    3rd party keyboard can't be used for passwords, any field where you'd see *** for input. It will bring up the native keyboard instead. One could say its because Apple values security but Apple could test keyboards for data sent outside the device and only certify one's that don't to be able to input in those fields or create a secure mode keyboard api that prevents keyboards from storing data in that mode and trigger that on secure fields but thats not Apples way of doing things.
    I assumed you were talking about fields as organizations that don't allow iOS.
    10-15-17 03:29 AM
    I assumed you were talking about fields as organizations that don't allow iOS.
    He talking about the password input field in apps and forms.

At this point the number of organizations that don't allow iOS , is pretty small.
    10-17-17 08:48 AM