Hi all

I know that there have been many posts about this topic in the past but I'm wondering if it is still possible to load this on to other Android phones?

I have seen Cobalt's APK but it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

After using the BB keyboard for so many years I just can't use the others. My fingers aren't as fast as they used to be so being able to flick words up has been terrific.

Many thanks
    11-17-21 11:19 AM
    Hi all

I know that there have been many posts about this topic in the past but I'm wondering if it is still possible to load this on to other Android phones?

I have seen Cobalt's APK but it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

After using the BB keyboard for so many years I just can't use the others. My fingers aren't as fast as they used to be so being able to flick words up has been terrific.

Many thanks
    Ironically, if you DON'T have the rest of the BlackBerry Suite installed, you CAN install the keyboard by itself.

https://mega.nz/file/NBB3Ua7b#1_zJOa...Pnvuik1n0kKT68
    11-17-21 11:54 AM
    Thanks so very much!!!
    I just downloaded it to my Galaxy Tablet and it works perfectly. I do have the BB Hub, etc on the tablet as well.

Thanks again
    11-17-21 12:31 PM
    Thanks so very much!!!
    I just downloaded it to my Galaxy Tablet and it works perfectly. I do have the BB Hub, etc on the tablet as well.

Thanks again
    That's good news. Despite my success being able to do it, people have forever indicated they couldn't get the combination to work, so I have since use the disclaimer.
    11-17-21 12:33 PM
    That's good news. Despite my success being able to do it, people have forever indicated they couldn't get the combination to work, so I have since use the disclaimer.
    My Motion has been constantly restarting lately and the battery seems to be doing some strange things so I figured it might be time to get something else. The only thing that has been holding me back is the keyboard. I have discovered that I can't use the others so that's why I have been hanging on to the Motion.

I really appreciate this!
    11-17-21 12:37 PM
    My Motion has been constantly restarting lately and the battery seems to be doing some strange things so I figured it might be time to get something else. The only thing that has been holding me back is the keyboard. I have discovered that I can't use the others so that's why I have been hanging on to the Motion.

I really appreciate this!
    No problem. Although myself I've moved on to Microsoft SwiftKey, which I find excellent.
    11-17-21 12:38 PM
    No problem. Although myself I've moved on to Microsoft SwiftKey, which I find excellent.
    I tried SwiftKey but I have gotten so used to just flicking the words that it has made typing so easy. When I had my Bold I was able use two thumbs pretty quickly but that has since changed....haha.
    11-17-21 12:48 PM
    I tried SwiftKey but I have gotten so used to just flicking the words that it has made typing so easy. When I had my Bold I was able use two thumbs pretty quickly but that has since changed....haha.
    Same here. My other complaint about SwiftKey is not being able to hold down a key to get foreign language variants, e.g. hold down the letter "n" to get "ñ" in Spanish. Probably user error, but I can't see a way to do it at all.
    11-17-21 01:40 PM
    Same here. My other complaint about SwiftKey is not being able to hold down a key to get foreign language variants, e.g. hold down the letter "n" to get "ñ" in Spanish. Probably user error, but I can't see a way to do it at all.
    Yes you can.

You just have to choose a theme that doesn't have numbers over the letters.
    11-17-21 01:45 PM
    Ironically, if you DON'T have the rest of the BlackBerry Suite installed, you CAN install the keyboard by itself.

Finally! A version that works. Thanks!!
    11-18-21 06:11 PM

Exactly. FYI, It also retains the "swipe to delete" function from it's BB days.
    11-18-21 06:18 PM
    hello I try it but we cannot change the size. I d like to have a biger size
    11-25-21 07:23 PM
    hello, I have been a blackberry user for a long time and I have to change my phone .... but I can not do without blackberry applications. i bought myself a samsung s20 fe and i would like to install the blackberry keyboard but my new phone is not compatible with this app ... can you help me?
    12-27-21 04:31 AM
    hello I try it but we cannot change the size. I d like to have a biger size
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often….
    12-27-21 08:35 AM
    i downloaded the file and it said it installed to the phone. Can't find it in input. I am currently running BlackBerry hub minus the launcher. Do I have to uninstall them to get the keyboard to work? will the keyboard work after reinstalling?
    12-27-21 05:49 PM
    i downloaded the file and it said it installed to the phone. Can't find it in input. I am currently running BlackBerry hub minus the launcher. Do I have to uninstall them to get the keyboard to work? will the keyboard work after reinstalling?
    What device are you using?

Did you get the Suite from Google Play?
    12-27-21 05:53 PM
    I'm using a moto g power 2021 and I did get the suite from Google play. the version I had received earlier wouldn't work.
    01-06-22 09:10 AM
    the earlier version that wouldn't work was from Cobalt a year or so ago. the keyboard worked on an earlier moto.
    01-06-22 09:13 AM
    If i go to download it again, it asks me if I want to install an update to the application.
    01-06-22 09:18 AM

Thanks, I don't know what would I do without BB Keyboard. Really, tried, and using any other keyboard is torture for me.
    01-10-22 11:54 PM
    Just picked up a Pixel 6, from a Pixel 2 where I had the suite with keyboard loaded. I see the app transfer did not pick up the Cobalt apps, wondering if anyone else has had success loading BlackBerry Keyboard on Pixel 6 or Android 12
    01-11-22 07:51 AM
    Just picked up a Pixel 6, from a Pixel 2 where I had the suite with keyboard loaded. I see the app transfer did not pick up the Cobalt apps, wondering if anyone else has had success loading BlackBerry Keyboard on Pixel 6 or Android 12
    Several people have posted they have, but the Cobalt option quit working a year or more ago.
    01-11-22 08:01 AM
    You can download the apps from Google Play and either live with the ads or pay the subscription.

The KEYBOARD app can be found and sideloaded as it's not part of the subscription.
    01-11-22 08:21 AM
    If you had the BlackBerry keyboard loaded on your Pixel2 then you should be able to find the .apk file for it on that Pixel2, and copy that file over to your Pixel6.
    01-11-22 06:47 PM
    Many thanks for your help, I will give that a shot
    01-11-22 06:54 PM