I'm brand new to the Blackberry and CrackBerry world. Looked first, but wasn't able to find an answer:

Is it possible to buy a sim card, and load it with prepaid minutes without creating an account with a carrier? My goal in this is to keep my new phone as private as a "burner".
    08-17-18 08:52 PM
    ...p.s. I'm in the USA, and bought my single-sim Blackberry Key2 unlocked...
    08-18-18 10:22 AM
    I'm brand new to the Blackberry and CrackBerry world. Looked first, but wasn't able to find an answer:

Is it possible to buy a sim card, and load it with prepaid minutes without creating an account with a carrier? My goal in this is to keep my new phone as private as a "burner".
    Yes
    08-18-18 10:31 AM
    Great -- thank you. Can you suggest which service/sim will do this? My research hasn't shown where this is possible. I'd like to purchase in store (either a prepaid sim, or a sim and a separate prepaid refill card) and activate via the phone.

BestBuy's listing states that it is compatible with "GSM SIM Kits, including Cricket Wireless, Tracfone, Net10, H2O, AT&T Prepaid and Simple Mobile". But, the particulars on each company's activation process isn't revealed. I did find a video on the Cricket activation process, which shows creating an account online with name, address, first-born, etc. Hopefully I can find who doesn't require this kind of process/information before the purchase, instead of spending money to find out the hard way.

By the way, I feel compelled to assure those reading I'm not a terrorist or planning a heist. But I am a privacy militant.
    08-18-18 11:35 AM
    Great -- thank you. Can you suggest which service/sim will do this? My research hasn't shown where this is possible. I'd like to purchase in store (either a prepaid sim, or a sim and a separate prepaid refill card) and activate via the phone.

BestBuy's listing states that it is compatible with "GSM SIM Kits, including Cricket Wireless, Tracfone, Net10, H2O, AT&T Prepaid and Simple Mobile". But, the particulars on each company's activation process isn't revealed. I did find a video on the Cricket activation process, which shows creating an account online with name, address, first-born, etc. Hopefully I can find who doesn't require this kind of process/information before the purchase, instead of spending money to find out the hard way.

By the way, I feel compelled to assure those reading I'm not a terrorist or planning a heist. But I am a privacy militant.
    I'm not very familiar with US networks. But chances are, you buy the pre-paid SIM card either in store or online, ideally with cash in store.

From there, you will likely need to register the SIM online to be able to top it up with addons and features (like international calling or data topups).

This online account can be made via TOR/VPN and you just supply bogus information if they request it for the registration. Obviously use a disposable email address.

Buy your top ups using cash in store, and ensure that when you supply the topup voucher number to your account, you always access it via TOR/VPN.

Good luck with your search.
    08-18-18 05:51 PM
    Thank you kindly!-- The online protections are an excellent idea in case things don't turn out as planned.
    08-18-18 08:01 PM