Hi,

I have a BlackBerry Key2 Dual SIM and having WiFi issues since the beginning (Sept 2018).

What device I am using?
    BlackBerry Key2 Dual SIM (BBF100-6)

What OS or Firmware is my device running on?
    Android Oreo 8.1.0
    Firmware
    ABP924

The issue:
    I cannot connect in 99% of the cases with WiFi routers/access points. When our home WiFi appears in the list, and I click on it and enter the password, it tries to connect and only comes back with a notification that it has remembered the SSID password and it is not connecting.

What steps I have taken already to try to fix the issue?
    - I changed every setting on the WiFi router (no security, other channels, other speed)
    - Bought a new WiFi AP and also changed every setting (no security, other channels, other speed)
    - Since Okt 2018 in contact with BlackBerry Support about this issue and did reboots, resets, send them logs
    - The phone has been to the Repair Centre (in Luxembourg) twice. First time they only did some test which was all ok..... phone back home and not fixed at all. Second time I sended the new WiFi access point with the phone. They tested the phone (not with my AP) and replaced the antenna. Phone back home and still not fixed.
    - I asked for replacement, but they tell me that they are not authorized for replacement and I have to get back to the store. Problem is that I am not the first owner and the store only gives warranty to the registered first owner at the store.
    - I have done the autoloader procedure to update the phone to the latest firmware (APB924) to see if that fixes the issue. Unfortunately no success.
    - I emailed all my actions to BlackBerry Support with recorded video's to show them what I did and that the results were negative.

We have also a second BlackBerry Key2 (singe SIM: BBF100-1) that has no issue at all with WiFi. That phone works fine with our home WiFi and also with the new AP, just like all other devices we use (iPhone, iPads, MacBook, AppleTV, etc.).

Some of these videos:
    1. Of my defect BlackBerry key2 dualsim: which fails to connect to our home Wi-Fi
    2. Of the BlackBerry key2 single SIM: which easily connects to our home Wi-Fi
    3. Of our iPad: also easily connects to our home Wi-Fi
    4. Of my temporary Samsung: easily connects to our home Wi-Fi

Link to the videos:
    https://we.tl/b-pAefkVFSg6

Personally I think that it is a software issue and not hardware.

Does anyone recognise this issue?
    Is there a fix?
    Or can I reinstall the software of my phone from start?

Please, any suggestion is welcome as I am desperate.....
    Thanks in advance,

Frank
    02-23-19 03:57 AM