Hello everyone,

Here is a more detailed description of the "problem" I'm facing with my Key2.

- I got my Key2 two weeks ago and immediately let it upgrade to a recent OS version, via Wi-Fi.

- I disabled fingerprint sensor and double-tapping to unlock the phone.

- I use the side button to shut the screen off: one press shuts the screen off AND locks the screen, another press wakes the Key2 up and shows the lockscreen.

- I use Pattern to unlock the phone.

- I never let the date on - I only turn it on when I need it.

So, more precisely, let me give you my problem situation:
    Suppose my Key2 isn't locked OR on locked screen.
    Let's say I type a few messages, make a call and then press the side button to shut the screen off and lock the phone.
    Now, let's say I only press the side button once.
    It brings up the locked screen.
    Now, let's say I swipe from the top of the screen to the middle (remember, I'm STILL on a locked screen), and this is what happens:
    the tool panel shows up... above a locked screen...

So, to be clear, I still MUST enter the pattern to unlock my Key2 at this moment, BUT... I can access the phone tool panel by swiping down.
    And I am a bit worried about this because, suppose I loose my phone, anyone seeing this flawed locked screen may enter Settings, enable lock and, here we go, a brand new phone ! I'm not that generous, to say the least...

So, I browsed through the Key2's settings but couldn't find anything to disable this (rather) annoying feature...

As a comparison, I have a side phone (Honor 6X) that runs an older version of Android.
    And when I press the side button on said Honor 6X to wake the phone up and enter my pattern, swiping down to the middle does NOT bring up the tool panel (which seems quite a logical feature, doesn't it ?)

Now, I may perfectly the idiot in that situation and I am totally ready to face my own ignorance (or distraction) if I skipped the proper option, allowing me to unable said tool panel on locked screen.

But IF this is non-modifiable feature, then I have a Key2 that anyone may break through on the most natural of ways, due to a colossal design and security flaw.

I can get along with the Bluetooth not working at all, with the battery life being hilariously low, with the absence of good ol' BB OS (yes, I'm a BB nostalgic), but THIS... Sorry, I can't...

So, I need your help, if you please, to know if I was distracted (and forgot to lock the lock screen 100%) or if this Key2 just tells the best of all smartphone jokes.
    08-30-18 10:51 AM
    Why wouldn't you use the fingerprint sensor instead of the awful pattern unlock?
    09-02-18 05:09 AM