Hello, everyone!

I guess this is my first topic here, since I could not find any solution to this issue.
    So I am a quite satisfied user of a Blackberry KEY2 LE dual sim(BB100-4), except for the camera quality which is too poor, I find, for these days. However, today, while trying to send a text message (SMS) to multiple recipients, I observed that my phone turned it into an MMS.

For testing purposes, I have also tried to send the SMS by adding 1 or 2 recipients- it still remained an SMS.

For checking, please note the following:
    - the message length is short (<160 characters, so just 1 SMS, not more)
    - it does not contain any emoticons
    - the number of recipients is around 26 and it turns into MMS once I add more recipients.
    -also, I have checked that only mobile phone numbers are recipients (no landline phone no. added by mistake).
    - I have checked the app settings, nothing special detected over there
    - I have also tried to send the message by turning off previously mobile data, no result whatsoever.

So far, the only solution that I see is to send my message to recipients one by one, which is awkward. I was able to send group message as SMS even on a very basic Nokia 1100 15 years ago, I cannot imagine that I cannot do this on a smartphone nowadays!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andreea
    01-14-19 05:28 AM
    I think that is normal when sending to multiple people. Who is your carrier and do they charge you extra for MMS?
    01-14-19 08:35 AM
    Hello, everyone!

I guess this is my first topic here, since I could not find any solution to this issue.
    So I am a quite satisfied user of a Blackberry KEY2 LE dual sim(BB100-4), except for the camera quality which is too poor, I find, for these days. However, today, while trying to send a text message (SMS) to multiple recipients, I observed that my phone turned it into an MMS.

For testing purposes, I have also tried to send the SMS by adding 1 or 2 recipients- it still remained an SMS.

For checking, please note the following:
    - the message length is short (<160 characters, so just 1 SMS, not more)
    - it does not contain any emoticons
    - the number of recipients is around 26 and it turns into MMS once I add more recipients.
    -also, I have checked that only mobile phone numbers are recipients (no landline phone no. added by mistake).
    - I have checked the app settings, nothing special detected over there
    - I have also tried to send the message by turning off previously mobile data, no result whatsoever.

So far, the only solution that I see is to send my message to recipients one by one, which is awkward. I was able to send group message as SMS even on a very basic Nokia 1100 15 years ago, I cannot imagine that I cannot do this on a smartphone nowadays!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andreea
    My carrier, AT&T, to best of my knowledge, has treated group texts as MMS for as long as I can remember. This wasn’t limited to BB devices but any of my Android hardware.
    01-14-19 08:37 AM
    My carrier, AT&T, to best of my knowledge, has treated group texts as MMS for as long as I can remember. This wasn’t limited to BB devices but any of my Android hardware.
    I can confirm that AT&T does this and has done so at least since 2013.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-14-19 09:12 AM