Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

BlackBerry Inbox Theme stuck on Light.

Asked: Aug 17 2020 | 8:05 am EDT 1961 Views 9 Answers View Best Answer

Looked at phone this morning and noticed BlackBerry Inbox Theme was on Light all by itself...burning my retinas. I switched it back to System default (which in my case is Dark), and nothing changed. Went back in to settings and the Theme was on Light again. This time switched it specifically to Dark, but same results. The Theme setting was back on Light and it never switched to dark.

Anyone else?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Aug 17 2020 | 8:24 am EDT coffee-turtle

FIX: BlackBerry HUB Services - Force Stop (may not) + Clear Cache
Go back to Inbox and Welcome to the Dark Side once again.

More Answers

Aug 17 2020 | 8:07 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Looked at phone this morning and noticed BlackBerry Inbox Theme was on Light all by itself...burning my retinas. I switched it back to System default (which in my case is Dark), and nothing changed. Went back in to settings and the Theme was on Light again. This time switched it specifically to Dark, but same results. The Theme setting was back on Light and it never switched to dark.

Anyone else?

Thanks.
It’s being discussed in other threads I believe

Aug 17 2020 | 8:09 am EDT coffee-turtle

It’s being discussed in other threads I believe
Thanks. Could you please send me a link(s)? My search revealed nothing. Probably on my end. Thanks.

Aug 17 2020 | 8:19 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Thanks. Could you please send me a link(s)? My search revealed nothing. Probably on my end. Thanks.
No, I’ve seen it discussed few different places, yet I couldn’t find either. I think it’s buried in some other topics unfortunately. Basically, it sorts itself out later or something like that.

Perhaps @conite has experienced the problem...

Aug 17 2020 | 8:21 am EDT coffee-turtle

No, I’ve seen it discussed few different places, yet I couldn’t find either. I think it’s buried in some other topics unfortunately. Basically, it sorts itself out later or something like that.

Perhaps @conite has experienced the problem...
No problem. So, as mysteriously as it happened...it will mysteriously cure itself. go figure.
@conite still lives on these forums? ☺

Aug 17 2020 | 8:22 am EDT Chuck Finley69

No problem. So, as mysteriously as it happened...it will mysteriously cure itself. go figure.
@conite still lives on these forums? ☺
There’s occasional sightings

Aug 17 2020 | 8:23 am EDT coffee-turtle

There’s occasional sightings
HAHAHA!

[edit - I was able to fix it. see post below] Thanks for replying!

Aug 17 2020 | 8:30 am EDT conite

Anyone else?

Thanks.
The latest beta version is acting up. Every now and then we get a light HUB, but it usually goes back to dark by itself. There is no fix until BlackBerry issues one.

Aug 17 2020 | 8:33 am EDT coffee-turtle

The latest beta version is acting up. Every now and then we get a light HUB, but it usually goes back to dark by itself. There is no fix until BlackBerry issues one.
You are still here! :-) Good to know. Thank you for the response!

This is the first time this has happened to me since I installed the latest. However, I have this temporary "fix" I cited above:
FIX: BlackBerry HUB Services - Force Stop (may not) + Clear Cache

It did the trick, and I hope I don't have to do it again because we'll have an update before then. Hopefully.