Hi, I was unable to use BBM from my android on my new BlackBerry Classic as it would not transfer required data. I then tried to change the BlackBerry ID on the device following the online instructions to delete the ID. However once deleted I thought I could add a new identical ID but without the trace of the android BBM. However now my ID on the phone has a different screen name than that on my new ID online. I constantly get prompted to enter the password which in turn does nothing. Have I ruined the phone or is there a way of perhaps freeing the screen name to match the ID on phone with the online ID?

Thanks for any help.
    05-04-18 03:49 PM
    05-04-18 04:39 PM
    Hi, I was unable to use BBM from my android on my new BlackBerry Classic as it would not transfer required data. I then tried to change the BlackBerry ID on the device following the online instructions to delete the ID. However once deleted I thought I could add a new identical ID but without the trace of the android BBM. However now my ID on the phone has a different screen name than that on my new ID online. I constantly get prompted to enter the password which in turn does nothing. Have I ruined the phone or is there a way of perhaps freeing the screen name to match the ID on phone with the online ID?

Thanks for any help.
    if you deleted the original BBID without disabling Protect first, you have a brick.
    05-04-18 04:45 PM