Hi,

i bought yesterday a blackberry KeyOne (black edition) and now i heard that the "famous" Blackberry HUB is partly not usable and not necessary anymore because Android has it own message center. In addition i have read that it lags, it gets rarely updates (no Android 9), etc.
    For a former IPhone user is this not understandable. Is the device rootable to "update" it manually or to use another OS or ROM?
    Well, it is my first Blackberry after a while (8-10 years). I love the keyboard and i wish Blackberry OS is still alive.
    I'm a developer and would enjoy to create some apps for it. But okay, its dead and now we should get along with Android..

I have the feeling that i bought an "old" and "bad" phone. I hope this is not true.
    Well, Thursday I'm home and i can test my new phone.

We will see.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    11-06-18 11:56 AM
    Is BlackBerry HUB still necessary? -- Nothing about it is necessary, but that doesn't mean people don't enjoy it and prefer it over what Android offers. As for your other items, well.. you should use the device and form your own opinions.
    11-06-18 12:18 PM
    Android has always had a mail app. Google has theirs too that most people apparently use.

And then there are a whole bunch of third party email client apps available in the Play Store.

I just happen to like the Hub app, and I'm on a Galaxy S8.

Unless something has changed recently, no other email client shows me sent emails in the same list as incoming mail (noted with a check-mark next to the email). Sure, I could switch to the sent mail folder, but I like having them showing in the main list.

It all depends on your preference.
    11-06-18 01:30 PM
    I love the hub. It's by far my favourite e-mail client. I do wish there was more features such as text etc that actually worked within the hub rather than just a notification center but still a fantastic app.
    11-06-18 01:46 PM
    Can you tell me if S8 and calendar/hub work the same as on Bb10? I tried another android with Hub suite and was disappointed. I’m coming from a z30 and z10 and am not set on any phone. Thx
    12-07-18 08:55 PM
    Can you tell me if S8 and calendar/hub work the same as on Bb10? I tried another android with Hub suite and was disappointed. I’m coming from a z30 and z10 and am not set on any phone. Thx
    The Hub+ Suite works the same on all android phones.

It will never work exactly like the the Hub on BB10, because in BB10 it's integrated into the OS. In android, it's an app on top of the OS. It makes some use of the OS, but only what android allows it to use.
    12-07-18 11:27 PM