Hi Bla1ze, although I have left my KEY2 for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, I still use BBM Enterprise, Hub + Inbox and Password Keeper. Do you have any inside scoop whether BlackBerry Ltd. will continue to support these apps into the future?
    02-29-20 08:35 AM
    Do you have any inside scoop whether BlackBerry Ltd. will continue to support these apps into the future?
    No idea. They've slowed the update process to every few months, but that's not really surprising. They'd have to give a reasonable amount of notice to users of those apps and there's nothing noted yet in their software lifecycle page, which is a good sign they don't have any real intention of killing everything so far. - https://www.blackberry.com/ca/en/sup...ort-life-cycle
    02-29-20 09:00 AM
    OK, thanks for that. I'm willing to pay for the apps as long as they are available. I think the Hub apps are by far the best options out there.
    02-29-20 09:07 AM
    I would support BlackBerry Inbox et al when I have to switch off of my KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    03-12-20 10:35 AM
    Hope Onward Mobile means life for HUB+
    08-22-20 04:12 PM
    No idea. They've slowed the update process to every few months, but that's not really surprising. They'd have to give a reasonable amount of notice to users of those apps and there's nothing noted yet in their software lifecycle page, which is a good sign they don't have any real intention of killing everything so far. - https://www.blackberry.com/ca/en/sup...ort-life-cycle
    So, now with BlackBerry getting rid of the patents, does it seem like HUB+ will stay around?

I'm ready to hang up my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in favor of a S21 or S22.
    02-12-22 03:30 PM
    So, now with BlackBerry getting rid of the patents, does it seem like HUB+ will stay around?

It's essentially been abandoned for 2.5 years anyway, so I'm not sure what you actually mean by "staying around".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-22 03:38 PM

Does this answer my question?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Hub+ Apps Support-3166279.jpg  
    02-12-22 03:40 PM
    Does this answer my question?
    I don't think so. What version of Android are you on? BlackBerry did earlier announce EOL for Hub for less than AndroidOS9.
    02-12-22 03:47 PM
    I don't think so. What version of Android are you on? BlackBerry did earlier announce EOL for Hub for less than AndroidOS9.
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ OS 7.1, so I guess that's why it says Play says not compatible.

Guess my real question is if I move to a Galaxy is it worth installing/subscribing to BlackBerry HUB+ et al?
    02-12-22 04:22 PM
    why have you not updated the OS? I think when you do that it will run.
    02-12-22 04:23 PM

Guess my real question is if I move to a Galaxy is it worth installing/subscribing to BlackBerry HUB+ et al?
    Goodness no. Use a modern, secure client instead.
    02-12-22 04:32 PM
    ...Guess my real question is if I move to a Galaxy is it worth installing/subscribing to BlackBerry HUB+ et al?
    Depends on your needs. @conite will always tell you to move to something else.

I found Hub to be very much worth my while for my needs on non BlackBerry Androids, and have been successfully using it for years. I am however currently trying out just the basic Samsung default mail app instead.

You might want to also keep your eye on if BlackBerry adds Hub to the other Aug2022 EOL deadline list. Hub is, for some reason, not right now on that list with so many of their other Android apps, which could mean they have/had a separate plan for it.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 02-12-22 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Deadline, not deadman.
    02-12-22 04:45 PM

Why didn't you upgrade your phone OS to Android 8?
    02-12-22 10:45 PM
    CDMA
    howarmat likes this.
    02-12-22 11:20 PM
    Not available for KEYᵒⁿᵉ and VZW.
    02-13-22 06:12 AM
    I too was concerned about Blackberry Apps with all the news lately. I am using BB Motion with Android 8.1. Still works fine for me and I am still using most of the Apps Suite. I have been getting updates on these apps. The last ones were 12/09/2021. Sounds like that is going to stop in March 2022. I found this post on Reddit that some may find useful to some....

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...rt_ending_for/
    02-13-22 07:20 PM
    I too was concerned about Blackberry Apps with all the news lately. I am using BB Motion with Android 8.1. Still works fine for me and I am still using most of the Apps Suite. I have been getting updates on these apps. The last ones were 12/09/2021. Sounds like that is going to stop in March 2022. I found this post on Reddit that some may find useful to some....

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...rt_ending_for/
    Yeah BlackBerry announce an end of support for a number of their products - enterprise and consumer starting in January and though March of 2022. Android 8 and iOS 13 users and below will not benefit from any new feature, security or performance enhancements. This includes:

• BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox
    • BlackBerry Hub+ Calendar
    • BlackBerry Hub+ Notes
    • BlackBerry Hub+ Tasks
    • BlackBerry Hub+ Contacts

And later they announced an end of some device specific apps in August of 2022

• Password Keeper
    • DTEK
    • Launcher
    • Privacy Shade
    • Keyboard

This is in addition to a number of device apps that went EOL back in 2019... just a year after the KEY2 launched.

In the end... it appears that HUB+ might stay around for devices running current operating systems. But there is no real sign that BlackBerry is putting much effort into keeping it current beyond minimum API changes.
    02-14-22 11:39 AM
    Interesting update......Just for snickers, I sent a note to the Email shown in the App Listing for Blackberry Hub+ on Google Play ([email protected]). It is an 'unattended Email'! They routed me to Blackberry Support Contact Form (Fine...). Full Service App support is only available if you have a subscription. Fine, but I have a Blackberry Phone....I don't need a subscription. They route me to a different dialog, I enter my IMEI and I am told they cannot help me because my phone was manufactured by TCL. I have to contact them. (What? I want BB App Support. How is TCL going to help me with that?). They provide three links to TCL (all of which are broken.......). It appears EOL or not, we are pretty much on our own. :-)
    02-14-22 01:50 PM
    Interesting update......Just for snickers, I sent a note to the Email shown in the App Listing for Blackberry Hub+ on Google Play ([email protected]). It is an 'unattended Email'! They routed me to Blackberry Support Contact Form (Fine...). Full Service App support is only available if you have a subscription. Fine, but I have a Blackberry Phone....I don't need a subscription. They route me to a different dialog, I enter my IMEI and I am told they cannot help me because my phone was manufactured by TCL. I have to contact them. (What? I want BB App Support. How is TCL going to help me with that?). They provide three links to TCL (all of which are broken.......). It appears EOL or not, we are pretty much on our own. :-)
    Maybe they'll help you if you're actual paying customer
    02-14-22 02:38 PM
    Lot like buying a Dell Computer that had a licensed version of some software.... sometimes you couldn't get support for that software from the parent company, because you never bought the product from them.
    02-15-22 02:00 PM
    Any good phone app and messages app for the key2? The stock ones are nothing compared to what i had in the passport
    03-28-23 06:44 PM