As a former Blackberry Curve owner, I now have a Samsung S6. I installed BB Hub on it and although I am getting all my emails from both accounts, I don't get any sound notifications OR LED light notifications. I have ALL notifications set to ON in my settings (both for Samsung phone & the Hub) and nothing. This is very frustrating as I use my phone primarily for work and need to know when emails come in!

My old BB Curve never had these issues. I was on the phone with Samsung support for almost 2 hours and they couldn't figure it out either. Is this a bug? If not, how can I fix this?
    05-10-18 04:56 PM
    Is your phone still getting emails without having to open the HUB manually?
    05-10-18 05:12 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean. I have to open the HUB manually to read my emails. If what you mean however is am I getting my emails on the Samsung mail app and Gmail app on my phone then yes. But I don't carry my phone around with me 24/7 so the only way I know I got an email is if I physically check the phone (which I don't do since I don't carry it around on me all day).

I noticed that IF I have the Gmail app & the Samsung email apps turned ON for notifications, then I get an audible sound when emails come in but ONLY if those apps are enabled - otherwise NO notifications from the HUB itself. In other words, if I'm relying on the HUB alone for receiving sound alerts, I get NONE. Fwiw, I'm not getting LED notifications either whether the other email apps are turned on or not.

To some extent this defeats the whole purpose of having the HUB because I would like to receive customized alerts from certain clients (which I can set up in the HUB) but since the notifications aren't working, I can't use that feature!
    05-10-18 06:15 PM
    By the way, just to test the notifications, I set different ringtones for email notifications on the HUB vs the ones in the Samsung email app and Gmail to see if the notification was coming from the Hub or the individual email apps. Sure enough they were coming from the email apps. When I disabled the notifications from the individual email apps, the emails still came into the HUB but NO sound and NO LED notifications.

So it's the HUB that has a bug in the software somewhere. I haven't tried uninstalling the Hub to see if I'd get the LED notification back.

I want to use the HUB because I like having all the info I need consolidated onto 1 screen but if I can't use all the features (like customized alerts), it really limits its functionality for me.
    05-10-18 06:33 PM
    Not sure how you have things set up exactly, but the Hub is the only app I use for email. It sounds like you have multiple apps checking for the same email messages. I have Gmail disabled on my Pixel 2 and about six different accounts (including Gmail) set up in the Hub. Email comes through just fine complete with notifications.

Note: there is also an option in the Hub app itself under each individual account to ' notify me when new messages arrive'. Make sure you have that option enabled.
    05-10-18 07:50 PM
    Is it for just email accounts you aren't getting notifications? If it's for everything then go into settings, then apps and click on the hub and make sure notifications aren't disabled. if it's just email, then go into the hub, click overflow in top left then settings. Click on each email account and make sure notification for email account are turned on.

As the previous person mentioned, not sure why you have 3 email apps running at the same time, that's just a resource hog for no reason. if you want to use the hub, I would disable the other email apps myself.
    05-10-18 09:11 PM
    Yes, all notifications (both in the phone's "Settings" and the HUB's "Settings" for each individual emails) are turned on and enabled.

Fwiw, I can't delete those email apps because they came installed with the phone's OS - the only thing I can do is disable them but when I do, I don't get any sound or LED notifications through the HUB.

Hence why I'm asking... anybody else have this problem?
    05-17-18 02:28 PM