Are BlackBerry Android apps being maintained and updated?
    06-27-21 08:39 AM
    Are BlackBerry Android apps being maintained and updated?
    For the last two years they have done nothing more than what was necessary to maintain their listing on Google Play.
    Laura Knotek and Smokeaire like this.
    06-27-21 09:03 AM
    Not much they need to do to adjust it other than maintain it, for possible google/Android updates, in my opinion. Most of what it needs to do it already does.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-27-21 02:36 PM
    Not much they need to do to adjust it other than maintain it, for possible google/Android updates, in my opinion. Most of what it needs to do it already does.
    Hmmm, can anyone say 2FA? A rather monumental security hole.

The HUB is also missing many modern collaboration, linking, and thread tools.
    Last edited by conite; 06-27-21 at 02:52 PM.
    06-27-21 02:42 PM
    Perhaps. However, all these SIM port hijacks didn't exist before 2FA (people thinking things are more secure if they get texted a code).
    06-27-21 02:47 PM
    Perhaps. However, all these SIM port hijacks didn't exist before 2FA (people thinking things are more secure if they get texted a code).
    Email services don't typically use SMS as 2FA.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-27-21 02:54 PM
    Email services don't typically use SMS as 2FA.
    "Email services don't use SMS"

I think google uses text/SMS or voice to a phone number as part of options available for their two step verification process.
    06-27-21 03:43 PM
    ...The HUB is also missing many modern collaboration, linking, and thread tools.
    Not missing any that I need.
    06-27-21 03:44 PM
    "Email services don't use SMS"

I think google uses text/SMS or voice to a phone number as part of options available for their two step verification process.
    Sure, but they also allow authentication apps. Make good choices.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-27-21 03:47 PM
    Cool.
    06-27-21 03:47 PM
    Sure, but they also allow authentication apps. Make good choices.
    I am sure they do.
    06-27-21 03:48 PM
    That's good for you.... anyone really doing business on their phone and working for a corporation, will find it's not a supported configuration.

Lot's of folks still using BB10 because it meets their needs, doesn't mean they are happy about the lack of updates and more up to date security standards. Just that they are willing to lower the bar to meet their needs.

It would be great if HUB+ were REALLY being developed for... had a hope that it would be part of OM plans, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the move to Android 12 will be a simple fix, or maybe HUB+ is nearing the end. Either way there are other solutions that are more optimized and more reliable at this point.
    pdr733 likes this.
    06-28-21 09:32 AM
    Dunt Dunt Dunt #12

But I remember there was a poster here who suggested someone that they quit their job because the workplace they worked for stopped supporting BB10. While I hope this suggestion wasn't serious, it indicates the level of blind fanaticism some people have.
    06-28-21 02:39 PM
    Dunt Dunt Dunt #12

But I remember there was a poster here who suggested someone that they quit their job because the workplace they worked for stopped supporting BB10. While I hope this suggestion wasn't serious, it indicates the level of blind fanaticism some people have.
    Back in the early days of BB10 we had someone here on CrackBerry get fired for their blind fanaticism on the IT end of things. Expected their company to blindly buy into BB10 just because it was BlackBerry. Granted back then the securing of iOS and Android were still not where it needed to be. But in the end their company (might have been a Gov position) and the rest of those in their IT department were right... as BB10 was a dead end in only a few months (when Chen took over).

What's even worse... those that combined fanaticism with their savings or and even their home. The "I support BBRY" (as it once was) thread here lead many to unwisely invest a LOT of money into a stock that, well other than a meme plaything a decade later... never amounted to anything. (Except for the one guy there that many worshiped... that was trading the stock on the ups and downs and not really as LONG as some wanted to believe).
    06-28-21 03:15 PM
    That's good for you.... anyone really doing business on their phone and working for a corporation, will find it's not a supported configuration...
    I have to use an iPhone now for work. It sucks (in my opinion). Hub on Android (in its current state) would be much better for me than what the iPhone can provide for me.
    06-28-21 03:50 PM
    ...Lot's of folks still using BB10 because it meets their needs, doesn't mean they are happy about the lack of updates and more up to date security standards...
    BB10 isn't used anymore at my work. Not sure if Android BlackBerries were ever allowed at my work. I am not actively using BB10 anymore for my personal needs. I am still using Hub on Android for my personal needs.
    06-28-21 03:53 PM