Was forced to uninstall blend and link after drivers had been corrupted.
    I have done a complete uninstall, and can find no rim or blackberry files or drivers on the system. Yet when I try to install the above noted software, the window has blend, link and drivers checked off, and a note below each saying I have all the most recent software.
    08-08-16 10:14 PM
    System requirements: BlackBerry Link for Windows - BlackBerry Link for Windows - 1.2.4 As you can see in this link, Blackberry Link for Windows doesnt support Win 10, only "Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8"
    08-13-16 02:26 AM
    Link and Blend will install just fine on Windows 10. I've had both installed on it going back to the beta versions last spring.

OP, have you tried just letting your handset install the drivers by connecting it via USB.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 12:25 PM
    I have connected my Q5 to the computer, and all it does is go to charge. I have checked the settings but can find no options for installing from phone.
    08-15-16 08:50 PM
    Under Settings, and Storage and Access, do you have any options for USB like this:

BlackBerry Desktop Software will not install on Windows 10-img_20160816_054000.png

You may have charge only set on. Also, what's the OS version on your Q5? You can get it by typing 'myver' without quotes on the handset.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 05:42 AM
    The OS version is10.3.2.2474

USB Mass Storage Mode: ON
    Charge Only Mode: OFF
    Manual IP Address ON
    08-16-16 12:44 PM
    Turn off mass storage mode and then try to connect your handset to install the device drivers.
    08-16-16 12:50 PM
    Now I am really going around the bend!! Following your instructions I turned off the mass storage, and everything else.
    Connected Q5 to computer, and up came screen asking if I want to install drivers. Answered in affirmative. Window opened for download from Blackberry, then started install only to stop, open another window and directed me back to website to download 710_b042 multilingual. Did so and followed instructions for install. Install completed; launched Blend. Window opens telling me to connect device. Do so after, as instructed, turning on the msd. Window opens telling me to connect device. Troubleshoot to no avail---turning off antivirus, changed usb cords, tried updater -- all to no avail. Any other suggestions?
    08-19-16 08:40 PM
    Further to the above, tried turning off the msd again, and on the Q5, the window opened asking if I wanted to install the drivers.
    It took me down the same path again.
    08-19-16 08:43 PM
    Can you connect to Blend after installing via wifi instead of the USB?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 10:51 PM
    No connection either way.
    08-19-16 11:38 PM
    I missed this the first time through: change the USB setting for manual IP address to OFF and then see if you get anything. Also make sure your PC has IPv6 turned on.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 08:39 AM
    If u download BlackBerry software from ur windows 10, it should work.
    For now, I would recommend to uninstall every BlackBerry files and delete all the downloaded BlackBerry setup files. Do a restart. And then download once more from your windows 10 installed computer. Install. And then try opening.
    Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 02:21 PM
    It is enough to just uninstall blackberry software, restart the computer and reinstall running the installer as administrator. I have just tested this solution on win 10 pro 64 bits. After anniversary update link did not work animore.
    08-20-16 03:43 PM
    rthonpm: Setting for manual ip setting was off. Regarding lPv6, it appears I cannot access it since I am on wi fi exclusively -- no network chord connection.
    Regarding clean install using fresh download, 710 b042 multilingual (deleted all previous downloads and cleared waste basket for good measure), and I am still in the same boat. Looking at my phone screen now it is asking me do I want to install drivers. (I think I am going for a stiff, make that very very stiff drink! Thanks for trying to help this old fart. I will look forward to any other suggestions you might put forward.
    08-20-16 09:40 PM
    What version of Windows do you have? (run winver.exe to get the version). Have you run the installer as admin?
    08-21-16 04:58 AM
    Version Win 10 Home and yes ran it as admin.
    08-21-16 01:23 PM
    I have to modify the statement clean install. On running a scan again I find the file RimSerial_Amd64.Sys which I cannot delete.
    08-21-16 02:18 PM
    Sorry for the delay.
    You should be able to delete that file if you start the computer in safe mode.

I am afraid that I can not duplicate your problem on my test machines. I have made tests on a fresh machine running Win 10 pro 32 bits and it worked fine after the second install.
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? Have you tried in other USB ports on the computer? Maybe on a USB 2 port?
    08-23-16 06:04 AM
    I have used several different usb cables and ports on a hub, on the front and on the back of the desktop; the first two locations were usb 2, the back, 2 and 3. An added frustration is that microsoft keeps downloading and installing Blackberry "updates".
    08-24-16 09:16 PM
    I think that things have gotten a little confused. I do not have a physical connectivity problem. My problem is that I can't install the software, because when I do it keep telling me I already have it when, in fact, a search of drive c finds no drivers, files, or folders anywhere on the drive related to rim, research in motion, or blackberry. (When windows up dates, it has the tendency to install blackberry updates, but I have been scrupulous in making sure that drive c is clean of everything. Now since the window tells me I already have the up to date software, could anyone suggest where the offending gremlin that gives this information to the install program would likely be located and what would it look like?
    09-01-16 09:19 PM
    I think it is something going on with BlackBerry servers with the software or something. I was able to download it to my daughter's laptop just fine which has Windows 10 but my desktop with the same OS there's always an issue during the download process.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 06:01 AM
    The program itself downloads just fine, but at the install, the three installations are checked off, (the check marks themselves are in relief) and it says I have all the current updates already installed.
    09-03-16 08:08 PM
    Just installed on new PC last night. No problem
    09-03-16 08:25 PM
    I had the software installed and all was well until an update from micorsoft in latter part of june. When I tried to open blend --- zilch. In fact nothing of the blackberry desktop software would initiate. Link would open a window, then hang. I was advised to do a complete uninstall, and then a clean re install. That is where the fun began. I downloaded the software,710B42, and scanned the computer for any files or drivers possibly left behind from the uninstall. There was one file left over, RimSerial_Amd64.Sys, which would not uninstall until I went into safe mode on the advice of erguduju, I believe. That being successfully done, I re scanned and found nothing. On attempting to reinstall, I got a window that showed the three pieces of software, each checked in relief, and informing me that the software was already installed. Now as of 16:50 this afternoon, I have re scanned and found no files for rim, research in motion, or blackberry. At 17:05 connected my Q5 by usb to desktop.
    17:06, window opened telling me the phone could not find the necessary drivers on the desktop. Do you want to install drivers from phone. Yes! Process begins. 17:07 window opens and begins to download software. 17:08 begins process of installing by asking language and acceptance. 17:08, process stops and window opens telling me a new version of the software is available and to go to BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - EN - United States. Do so. Download software. 12052_B59.Exe. Software downloaded at 17:11. Begin install at 17:15. Process begins. Installation Options window opens --- select language, English, Canada,-- press accept button. Installation window opens. Check mark, in relief, beside blend, link, and drivers. Beneath each is, in radiant blue, you have the latest software. NOTHING INSTALLED! Now, what is pulling the trigger on the installation, and WHRI had the software installed and all was well until an update from micorsoft in latter part of june. When I tried to open blend --- zilch. In fact nothing of the blackberry desktop software would initiate. Link would open a window, then hang. I was advised to do a complete uninstall, and then a clean re install. That is where the fun began. I downloaded the software,710B42, and scanned the computer for any files or drivers possibly left behind from the uninstall. There was one file left over, RimSerial_Amd64.Sys, which would not uninstall until I went into safe mode on the advice of erguduju, I believe. That being successfully done, I re scanned and found nothing. On attempting to reinstall, I got a window that showed the three pieces of software, each checked in relief, and informing me that the software was already installed. As of 16:45 this afternoon, a scan of drive C showed no files or drivers relating to rim, research in motion, or blackberry. At 17:10, downloaded desktop software version 12052_B59.Exe from BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - EN - United States. At 17:30 began installation. 17:31 Installation Options window opened. Chose language -- English Canada -- and pressed accept. New window opened at 17:32, showing a check mark, in relief, on the left of the programs blend and link, and on the left of drivers. Under each of the three afore mentioned is, in radiant blue small case letters is the following: You have the most up to date software installed. A check in drive C, in both program folders and the general folder and yet another scan shows not files and no drivers associated with blackberry software. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHAT IT PULLING THE TRIGGER ON THE SOFTWARE TO MISLEAD IN INSTALLATION PROGRAM, AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT???
    09-05-16 06:08 PM
36 12