I have a Macbook Air and a Blackberry 9790 (which I love). I can download the Blackberry Desktop Manager software (and have done many times today) but it keeps telling me my phone's not connected, when it is.
    I've been at this for hours... Switching off and on (everything); different USB ports; starting and restarting; battery-pulling; uninstalling the BB software and reinstalling (5 times); googling for solutions...
    Can anyone help me out here, please. I'd be so grateful.
    Reason for this is I need to do a device switch (dropped my old 9790 and just replaced it with the same model).

I"M TRYING TO THANK THE TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY RESPONDED AND CAN'T SEE A WAY OF DOING SO.... BUT THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Tiny Clive; 04-20-17 at 03:38 PM.
    04-20-17 02:45 PM
    The easiest answer is find a computer that's running anything less than Windows 10. Desktop software isn't technically compatible with Windows 10 or Sierra.
    04-20-17 03:04 PM
    The is a section here for Mac usersMac Users not sure how many are still using Desktop Manager and a MAC.

At one time the best solution was to borrow a friends PC (needs to be an older one a Windows 10 isn't a guarantee to work) or install Bootcamp with Windows 7.
    04-20-17 03:22 PM
    Ah! Just found the reply button... Thanks so much to both of you for taking the time to respond. It's appreciated. Yes, I did wonder about a compatibility problem. Blast and triple blast. And yet.... I used the same software a couple of days ago to back up my dropped BB phone and that worked perfectly well... Same laptop, same everything. Confusing.
    04-20-17 03:41 PM
    Ah! Just found the reply button... Thanks so much to both of you for taking the time to respond. It's appreciated. Yes, I did wonder about a compatibility problem. Blast and triple blast. And yet.... I used the same software a couple of days ago to back up my dropped BB phone and that worked perfectly well... Same laptop, same everything. Confusing.
    Well if it just worked... try rebooting a few times.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    04-21-17 09:22 AM
    Well if it just worked... try rebooting a few times.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    04-21-17 12:56 PM
    Thanks again Dunt Dunt Dunt but I've done that SO many times.... Still no joy. Mighty weird. And still on Mac Sierra so all a mystery.
    04-21-17 12:57 PM
    I have a MACBook Air and BB10 Passport. Syncing stopped when OS Sierra loaded on MAC. Is there a work around? If not, will BB KEYone (running OS Androide) sync with MAC? I love BB and do not want to switch. Help please anyone!!!
    04-27-17 12:58 PM