Hi all, quick question. I am using wondershare recoverit to restore old video files from my old handsets. For my Blackberry Bold I just attached it via USB and my pc recognised the external drive instantly.

For my Curve 8520 the phone charges but is not picked up as a drive by my PC. I have mass storage set to yes, still nothing is picked up. Even with the BlackBerry desktop app running neither my pc or wondershare recognise the drive. Is this a USB issue or does the curve not function as an external drive outside of the desktop app?
    01-07-21 03:20 PM
    Hi all, quick question. I am using wondershare recoverit to restore old video files from my old handsets. For my Blackberry Bold I just attached it via USB and my pc recognised the external drive instantly.

For my Curve 8520 the phone charges but is not picked up as a drive by my PC. I have mass storage set to yes, still nothing is picked up. Even with the BlackBerry desktop app running neither my pc or wondershare recognise the drive. Is this a USB issue or does the curve not function as an external drive outside of the desktop app?
    You have to re-enable the dangerous SMB v1 in Windows. Once you complete your work, disable it.
    01-07-21 09:45 PM
    You have to re-enable the dangerous SMB v1 in Windows. Once you complete your work, disable it.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I had a look and SMB v1 was already enabled. When I now plug my USB into my Blackberry and then the computer it picks it up as USB drive D, clicking on that gives me a pop up saying please insert a disc into USB drive D.

After a while the USB drive D option then disappears and I have to reconnect. Any ideas? I still wonder if maybe I need a new usb cable, though the one I use worked with my Bold.
    01-08-21 11:11 AM
    Reload the drivers for your BlackBerry - the BlackBerry Desktop Application.

Different ports and different cables

If you have an old desktop or laptop laying around... pull it out and try it.
    01-08-21 01:12 PM