Hi there!

I was looking through some old stuff and I stumbled upon a BlackBerry Curve 8320 I had received as a gift in the past and completely forgot about. I only used it for like two days in the past before I got one of the newer Curves (9300 if I remember correctly) so I just completely forgot about it.

My main phone is a S7 Edge but I need a secondary phone at the moment. I don't want to spend any money as I have a Nokia E66 which does the job fine but its battery is absolutely dreadful and I cannot find any replacement batteries for it in the market.

After experiencing with the Curve 8320 for a day, I absolutely love its performance, battery life, and most importantly size and appearance. I would like to keep using this phone as a secondary one but I have a couple of questions:

1. I am currently on v4.2.2.184 and I read that the latest OS is 4.5 but it doesn't do much in terms of app compatibility and such.

2. I would LOVE to get WhatsApp on this phone and utilize its keyboard, but is that even possible? Google didn't give me any results, unfortunately.

3. I read that I'd need to be subscribed to a BlackBerry Internet Service package in order to download BlackBerry App World after I failed to download it from the BB Browser, so is that true? I don't even know if these packages are still offered by my network providers anymore because BB has been long dead in Egypt.

4. Is there any other way to get apps for this device, besides App World?

Thank you so much for your time and patience, guys.
    10-21-16 09:34 PM
    WhatsApp won't work as WhatsApp for BBOS needs 5.0 and above and even then, it's being disabled in 2017 anyway.

Yes, you need a BIS plan for most apps and browser usage.

There are several old websites that might be hosting those old install files but there's no real site to actually search and find available apps anymore. Those kind of died off years ago.
    WhatsApp won't work as WhatsApp for BBOS needs 5.0 and above and even then, it's being disabled in 2017 anyway.

Yes, you need a BIS plan for most apps and browser usage.

There are several old websites that might be hosting those old install files but there's no real site to actually search and find available apps anymore. Those kind of died off years ago.
    10-22-16 02:44 AM