Hi,

For the past 15 years I have had iCloud as my main Contacts and Calendar repository. Worked great with my iPhones, Palms, and Blackberry phones. I just bought a KeyOne and saw that natively Android does not allow Cardav or Caldav accounts. There are 3rd party products that have mixed to poor reviews so I did not purchase any of those. I saw Blackberry Content Transfer claims to transfer your existing BB10 phone settings to your new Blackberry Android device. Does it actually work and carry over Caldav and Carddav settings? I am wondering what other users experience is with this?

Thanks
    02-10-20 12:12 PM
    Hi,

For the past 15 years I have had iCloud as my main Contacts and Calendar repository. Worked great with my iPhones, Palms, and Blackberry phones. I just bought a KeyOne and saw that natively Android does not allow Cardav or Caldav accounts. There are 3rd party products that have mixed to poor reviews so I did not purchase any of those. I saw Blackberry Content Transfer claims to transfer your existing BB10 phone settings to your new Blackberry Android device. Does it actually work and carry over Caldav and Carddav settings? I am wondering what other users experience is with this?

Thanks
    The few times that I've used it it hasn't copied my settings over, though why not try it yourself? Wouldn't hurt to try...
    02-10-20 02:53 PM
    I already went through a lot of pain with a burner Gmail account just for Contacts and already have the phone setup. If it would actually work then I wouldn't mind wiping the phone and starting over. If it doesn't I don't want to have to reset up the phone from scratch. For some reason even though you tell Android to do or not to do something with Android updates it has reset my settings but that would be a different thread or question. After much fighting I have the phone configured pretty good right now.

That is why I posted the question. I can't be the only person who used Caldav or Cardav in the past 15 years on a Blackberry. And what's worse I didn't see the icon on the phone until after an Android update. If was there prior I didn't notice otherwise I would have tried.
    02-10-20 03:38 PM
    I already went through a lot of pain with a burner Gmail account just for Contacts and already have the phone setup. If it would actually work then I wouldn't mind wiping the phone and starting over. If it doesn't I don't want to have to reset up the phone from scratch. For some reason even though you tell Android to do or not to do something with Android updates it has reset my settings but that would be a different thread or question. After much fighting I have the phone configured pretty good right now.

That is why I posted the question. I can't be the only person who used Caldav or Cardav in the past 15 years on a Blackberry. And what's worse I didn't see the icon on the phone until after an Android update. If was there prior I didn't notice otherwise I would have tried.
    No.... but as you can see CrackBerry don't get a lot of traffic these days.

Give it some time and someone might show up that has some experience in working with these on Android devices. I think some used an app DAVx5 to added support for those types of protocols.
    02-10-20 03:48 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    I have used content transfer from a Passport to KEYone, from a Z10 to KEYone, from a KEYone to a Samsung S9, from a KEYone to a Key2 and it transferred my contacts.

If you go into settings, users and accounts you can also add Caldav and Carddav accounts.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck.
    02-10-20 07:50 PM
    Those options just became available after some Android Updates as they were not there when I turned on the phone for the first time to set it up. Only available when I turned on the phone for the first time was Exchange, Google, IMAP, and POP3. Now there are about 12 more including Blackberry Caldav and Blackberry CardDav. Funny thing is that I first checked for updates for the phone and it had like 40 apps to update but no Android updates. Then 3 days later I had 4 massive Android updates one after another and these must of gotten added.

Too bad these were available from the start as I wouldn't have had to post this question. But now everyone knows the answer. If not there wait for the updates... They will eventually get there.

Thank You.
    02-11-20 06:52 AM