After charging my Classic over night a couple of weeks ago, it showed the yellowish/greenish LED light for a few seconds, then changes to red, then 'starts' to boot up.. The Blackberry Classic logo comes on but after a few seconds, instead of booting up, it gives me a red battery icon for just a few seconds, then I get a BB10-0020 error message. Then nothing happens, it's just stuck on that.

I read every post I can find about this on every site and decided to buy a new battery. Got it about a week later, installed it expecting it to boot up and be normal. Nope, same exact thing. So decide to replace the charging port. Got one in today, installed it. Again.. Same thing except I notice for a few times, the yellowish/greenish light would stay on a while longer then just turn off, and no, it would not boot. After fiddling with it all afternoon, it has gone back to where most of the time I get the same cycle where it ends up showing the red battery icon followed by the BB10-0020 error message.

So I'm beginning to think, maybe the replacement battery is bad??
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy a 'good' battery for it?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Ron Taylor
    08-09-20 05:28 PM
    After charging my Classic over night a couple of weeks ago, it showed the yellowish/greenish LED light for a few seconds, then changes to red, then 'starts' to boot up.. The Blackberry Classic logo comes on but after a few seconds, instead of booting up, it gives me a red battery icon for just a few seconds, then I get a BB10-0020 error message. Then nothing happens, it's just stuck on that.

I read every post I can find about this on every site and decided to buy a new battery. Got it about a week later, installed it expecting it to boot up and be normal. Nope, same exact thing. So decide to replace the charging port. Got one in today, installed it. Again.. Same thing except I notice for a few times, the yellowish/greenish light would stay on a while longer then just turn off, and no, it would not boot. After fiddling with it all afternoon, it has gone back to where most of the time I get the same cycle where it ends up showing the red battery icon followed by the BB10-0020 error message.

So I'm beginning to think, maybe the replacement battery is bad??
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy a 'good' battery for it?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Ron Taylor
    I'd go buy a inexpensive prepaid device from your carrier and swap out your SIM card or if little more budget, look at similar mid-tier factory unlocked...
    08-09-20 06:19 PM
    Well I certain could do that, buy another device. But the object is to keep the Classic. I could even go backwards, I have several (6 total) older BB Devices including a Bold, a Torch and even earlier ones. Right now I'm using a Q10 but don't like it compared to the Classic.
    08-09-20 06:36 PM
    Well I certain could do that, buy another device. But the object is to keep the Classic. I could even go backwards, I have several (6 total) older BB Devices including a Bold, a Torch and even earlier ones. Right now I'm using a Q10 but don't like it compared to the Classic.
    I was just responding simply to "other suggestions" part...

For how inexpensive, just buy another Classic as your current one could be more expensive to keep fixing..
    08-09-20 08:08 PM
    Ron, At the beginning of your post, you said you have a BB CLASSIC. I do also. And I have not found a way to open the case to put in a new battery, like I could & did with my other older BB model cell phones.
    How did you open your BB Classic case to be able to swap out the battery? And what type of battery does it have?
    08-11-20 03:05 AM
    Ron, At the beginning of your post, you said you have a BB CLASSIC. I do also. And I have not found a way to open the case to put in a new battery, like I could & did with my other older BB model cell phones.
    How did you open your BB Classic case to be able to swap out the battery? And what type of battery does it have?
    Take a look on YouTube. There are some videos that will help.
    08-11-20 09:27 AM
    It seems the battery issue. When the BlackBerry 10 smartphone has detected a non-functional or bad battery, it will show you the BB10-0020 msg. Just replace the battery.

I hope it will help.
    08-12-20 04:26 AM