A friend gave me his Blackberry Classic Model#SQC100-4, with Software Release 10.3.3.1463, os version 10.3.3.2205, build 903214. I am only going to use this phone strictly as a wifi device or terminal, similar to my Samsung Galaxy 7 tablet. It has no SIM card and I will not use it as a phone. At home it works great and I can stream music and download files with no problem. However, it has problems when I take it to the gym to workout. At first, it would connect okay and stream music for about an hour. Now, it connects okay but within a minute I lose access to the internet. It shows that I am still connected to the network with a good signal and I have seen a message telling me that I am connected to the network but not to the internet. My Samsung tablet works fine - no issues at all - the same for a friends iphone 5 - so it does not seem to be a network issue. I have researched this site and others - looking at browser options - can't find anything that says switch to hotspot browser. I've looked at connection advanced details - can't find anything to change. Another post suggested that I look into Developper options but there is nothing there either. Many of these posts deal with other Blackberry phones - not my model. Can someone point me to where I can find information about my phone on this problem? Has anyone else seen this problem and found an answer? I like the phone and its versatility but this problem is making it unusable.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    08-06-18 06:23 PM
    When I got no response to my post, I decided to try reseting(hard reset) the device. I used the reload function in Blackberry Link and it wiped the phone and restored it to "factory" reset. I set up the phone again and, without loading any apps at all, I tried using the phone again at the gym. I used the browser to find a half-hour youtube video and it played about 5 minutes before the internet died again. Still connected to network, with ip-address and good signal strength. I now feel that I can eliminate any of the originally installed apps and point the blame at the blackberry 10OS. After the reset I have Blackberr OS10.3.3.2137. I tried not to do any software updates during the setup but it may have done one because you can't turn off that setting until after the set up has run. So my question now is can I reload an older version of the operating system - 10.2? The very first time I used the phone the internet did last an hour so maybe the phone came with old software on it. How difficult is that to do? My second question is can I trash Blackberry OS completely and load on a full version of Android OS without bricking the phone.? I have no where else to ask these questions because Blackberry support says my phone was originally purchased from a 3rd party and want $35US to initiate a support request. I've never run into that before. Their user support form is shutdown with the recommendation to use the crackberry forum instead. Is my problem very complicated or difficult or is there just very little interest or assistance in Blackberry Classic problems? This whole situation is very frustrating and strange and not getting any reponse or suggestions just make it worse.
    08-09-18 05:26 PM
    Hi, a couple of answers and a couple of questions:

First, no you can't go back to any version of 10.2. or 10.3.2 once you have installed any version of 10.3.3.

To reset your phone and do a clean OS install, use an autoloader. Download the following link to your PC and unzip it. Then connect your phone to the PC via a USB port, and run the file you unzipped. It will automatically wipe your phone and do a clean install of the latest 10.3.3.

https://mega.nz/#!RJJWTTzT!USoRTNKQv...Bcej8X1VLRT6NU

Question: when you are streaming at the gym, are you connecting to the internet via your data plan or via the gym's wi-fi? What about the other phones which stayed connected to the internet - how were they connecting?

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    08-11-18 12:19 AM
    One more thing: no you can't install a full Android OS on a BB10 device.

If you're looking to switch to an Android phone from the Classic, your best bet would be to get a KEYᴼᴺᴱ or the latest keyboard phone, the Key² . Check with your carrier to see which variants it supports (if you have Verizon, as I do, you're limited to the CDMA version of the KEYᴼᴺᴱ until/unless a CDMA Key² is released at some point).

08-11-18 12:30 AM
    Question: when you are streaming at the gym, are you connecting to the internet via your data plan or via the gym's wi-fi? What about the other phones which stayed connected to the internet - how were they connecting?

As per OP's first post, he does not have a SIM card in his phone, uses only Wi-Fi connection. His data plan is quite irrelevant here.
    08-11-18 02:20 AM
    Good point. In that case I would look at the wifi settings, see if something there is not properly connecting to the gym's (or whatever you're connected to) wifi.

Have you tested the connection in other public wifi spots? Local library, coffee shops, etc?

08-11-18 05:12 PM