Hello there, I'm new to the forums. Since the bbm ios and android bid farewell, the bbm community seemed to be gloomy lately. So gloomy I made an account for crackberry and hey its fun here I should've done it earlier! Now my question is, am I still able to add friends in bbm? I tried adding my friend who have a passport and he said he didn't receive any invites. His was working well but after May 31 he gets network error my classic didn't have any problems but when I search for groups or channels that's when I get the network failure notice. Any ideas? I like my classic that even there will come a time when it will only run calls and texts, I'm still gonna use it! For me it's the professional phone I always wanted I have ios and android but my classic is the most elegant way of saying "I mean serious business". LoL.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 08:31 PM
    BBM works fine on my BB10 device. Is his BBM up-to-date? BlackBerry has also been having some technical difficulties with BBM server lately but they seem to be resolved now.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 11:20 PM
    Many people switched to BBM for Android/iOS over the last couple of years and then BBM for BBOS and BB10 servers were separated from the BBM for Android/iOS Emtek servers. Now BBM Emtek is shutdown but the old BBM ID weren’t valid on BBOS and BB10 anyways. The best thing would be to contact BBM support and give as much information as possible.
    06-17-19 04:34 AM
    Hello there, I'm new to the forums. Since the bbm ios and android bid farewell, the bbm community seemed to be gloomy lately. So gloomy I made an account for crackberry and hey its fun here I should've done it earlier! Now my question is, am I still able to add friends in bbm? I tried adding my friend who have a passport and he said he didn't receive any invites. His was working well but after May 31 he gets network error my classic didn't have any problems but when I search for groups or channels that's when I get the network failure notice. Any ideas? I like my classic that even there will come a time when it will only run calls and texts, I'm still gonna use it! For me it's the professional phone I always wanted I have ios and android but my classic is the most elegant way of saying "I mean serious business". LoL.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 BBM works without groups, group contacts and channels, only individual contacts.
    06-17-19 12:52 PM
    BBM works fine on my BB10 device. Is his BBM up-to-date? BlackBerry has also been having some technical difficulties with BBM server lately but they seem to be resolved now.

Posted via CB10
    I have 10.16.7.2 native bbm app in my classic. His was I dunno I have to ask. Are the channels and groups removed from native bbm? When I search it gives me network failure notice.

Uh the bbm in my classic is fairly new and I set a new account with it aside from ios and android that's why I'm kinda thinking about it acting strangely. I dunno if my invites are going through also.

Uhmm if it's not that much can someone try to add my pin please? I dunno much contacts with bbm now aside from my friend who have a failing app.
    For the purpose of bbm testing 2C24956D you can delete after I just wanted to make sure my bbm is working fine. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:24 PM
    BB10 BBM works without groups, group contacts and channels, only individual contacts.
    Oh thanks crackpriv I didn't know this! Very helpful. Thanks much. I'm trying to search on this but finds nothing much. Solved.

Another one to find out is if my bbm accepts incoming and outgoing invites. I hope it does.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:30 PM
    I have 10.16.7.2 native bbm app in my classic. His was I dunno I have to ask. Are the channels and groups removed from native bbm? When I search it gives me network failure notice.

Uh the bbm in my classic is fairly new and I set a new account with it aside from ios and android that's why I'm kinda thinking about it acting strangely. I dunno if my invites are going through also.

Uhmm if it's not that much can someone try to add my pin please? I dunno much contacts with bbm now aside from my friend who have a failing app.
    For the purpose of bbm testing 2C24956D you can delete after I just wanted to make sure my bbm is working fine. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I can create groups but I can only add Consumer contacts to them.
    Don't know about channels - never used those, but I'm also not getting server errors when I search.
    Take note also that invitations work only from BBMe to BBMc, not the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:37 PM
    Many people switched to BBM for Android/iOS over the last couple of years and then BBM for BBOS and BB10 servers were separated from the BBM for Android/iOS Emtek servers. Now BBM Emtek is shutdown but the old BBM ID weren’t valid on BBOS and BB10 anyways. The best thing would be to contact BBM support and give as much information as possible.
    Thanks chuck for the insights. I appreciate it. I do have a different bbid solely for my BlackBerry device and different on others that's why I'm thinking when the BBM ios and android stopped my BlackBerry bbm started acting weird. @CrackPriv gave me an answer about the channels and groups. That I didn't know about since I used bbm mostly on other platforms my bad sorry.

Could you guys add me if it's OK? For testing purposes. And contacts if it's alright. You could delete anytime thanks bbmedjunkie 2C24956D

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:47 PM
    @CrackPriv I'm pressing accept but you're name doesn't appear in my contacts? You just stay there in the invites. you're on BBMe is this another issue? And oh yes please add me to every group out there haha.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 02:25 PM
    @CrackPriv I'm pressing accept but you're name doesn't appear in my contacts? You just stay there in the invites. you're on BBMe is this another issue? And oh yes please add me to every group out there haha.

Posted via CB10
    BBMe PINs start with EF... You must register at BBMe on Android first.
    06-17-19 02:33 PM
    BBMe PINs start with EF... You must register at BBMe on Android first.
    You added me and I was able to add you too. So maybe the BBMe and BBMc stuff have different things going on when it comes to certain services like groups.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 02:52 PM