My dad has a blackberry classic verizon. So a few days ago the phone wouldn't startup so my father gave the device to a local repair shop and he said he flashed a new software and installed a new battery. So when my father received the device it wouldn't start by pressing the power button once instead he had to keep the button pressed until the phone boots up and after that a symbol with red bordered battery appears and the starts or just switches off. He had to do this many times to get the phone started. So now when the starts a red coloured verizon symbol would appear that wasn't there when he bought the phone( the device was imported and I live in India btw). My dad charged the device 100% during night and in morning when he started the phone the battery was 40%! So I don't know what to do now. I need help.

Will this device survive or he had to go for a new device?

Blackberry Classic Verizon
    Model Number - SQC100-3
    Software release - 10.3.2.556

Thanks
    11-04-16 10:03 AM
    Does the shop offer any warranty?

Don't think there is anything you can do to fix this... as it sounds hardware related. Either keep spending money to see if it can be fixed, or put that towards a new device.
    11-04-16 10:26 AM