What the heck happened to Classic class on CB's Featured Forums?

What a CLASSIC!
    02-01-18 01:31 AM
    It's a three year old design running an OS that isn't really supported anymore.... why should it be featured?
    02-01-18 07:11 AM
    It's a three year old design running an OS that isn't really supported anymore.... why should it be featured?
    Here is what should be in the featured forums:
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Classic No Longer in Featured Forums-6a00d83452989a69e200e5503cdbf18833-800wi.jpg  
    02-01-18 07:45 AM
    Well, Passport is older and still in FF. Too bad.

What a CLASSIC!
    02-02-18 12:46 AM
    Well, Passport is older and still in FF. Too bad.

What a CLASSIC!
    PP older... that could be debated. Release date yes, components no - classic is a 2012 phone based on it's internal components.

And it clear that the PP is still talked about much more than the classic is, it's simply a better performing and more unique device.
    02-02-18 07:47 AM
    PP older... that could be debated. Release date yes, components no - classic is a 2012 phone based on it's internal components.

And it clear that the PP is still talked about much more than the classic is, it's simply a better performing and more unique device.
    I think the Classic was the only device with formal EOL, though.
    02-02-18 09:43 AM
    I think the Classic was the only device with formal EOL, though.
    Only because apparently there was still some demand, but they had run out of parts.... wonder if they at all considered popping in an 801 chipset.
    02-02-18 09:55 AM
    did anyone else get a flashing on and off red light and flashing on and off "Blackberry Classic" on the screen when their Classic died? And does anyone know if the Motion interfaces with Outlook on a laptop for syncing contacts and calendar using Blackberry Link? Or am i a dinosaur?
    02-02-18 11:31 AM
    did anyone else get a flashing on and off red light and flashing on and off "Blackberry Classic" on the screen when their Classic died? And does anyone know if the Motion interfaces with Outlook on a laptop for syncing contacts and calendar using Blackberry Link? Or am i a dinosaur?
    LINK doesn't really work well with Windows 10 and BB10, it does not work with the new Android phones at all.

Best solution is to change you emails to modern accounts that allow two way syncing.

Not a dinosaur, as other manufactures like Samsung still offer these syncing tools.
    02-02-18 12:05 PM
    What the heck happened to Classic class on CB's Featured Forums?

What a CLASSIC!
    Made way for KEYone... and since Passport gets more traffic than Classic, Classic went. Not like the forum was removed, it's still there just not in the featured section.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-02-18 11:28 PM
    Hello, It took me awhile to finally sign into crackberry. This has been my go to place for much help over the years, so thank you to so many who unknowingly helped me when I read your forums. Anyway.... I have a blackberry classic. Yes, I still love this phone and keep hoping a new updated classic will be released. I did try a key one but I had to return it, it just was not for me, I guess to advanced. I didn't care for the bubble Google stuff and I don't want to sync with Google. No offense to Google. If I need anything from Google ,I go to Google play store to purchase music or songs as needed to get songs for my story maker videos I make for my family. I also have original songs I wrote and I use it to make videos to save of my work that I saved from cassette tapes I had from my recording sessions from 1990's! I put phone in front of cassette boom box ,i was shocked it still worked. I then filtered them through mp4 to MP3 apps then onto story maker. Only way I could figure it out. Anyway...eventually I know I will have to change to a new phone and I hope a blackberry. First I would like to ask question 1) What was up with the whatsapp announcement? I felt like it was a scare tactic to toss my phone , like it would stop my classic from working all together. All I know is it scared me to purchase FB10. Everything else seems to be working fine. Anything I might be missing and not know? I did notice something up with past calendar,not sure if that was a whatsapp issue. On to my next sad question... I know my classic is not compatible with windows 10 which is my major reason I have to change to a new bb phone and also it's time... I have to upgrade to windows 10 and I put it off way to long. I kept holding off, hoping for a new compatible classic to windows 10, but I can't wait any longer. I still get BlackBerry support for my classic, that is worth paying for so question 2)Is it true that will end also in another year? Question 3) What are the tell tale signs when my classic battery is ready to die? It keeps going and going. I want to be ready before to backup or switch phones. Question4) What is the best backberry option for me? updated and most similar to my classic? I still love my querky key pad as I text and email like a bandit. Question5) Will I be able to transfer all my videos I saved from story maker, all my texts? Photos? Is there anything I will not be able to transfer? Ring tones, I made myself... songs,videos,contacts ? Question6) Are all new blackberries compatible for me to upload all my info from my classic right to my new blackberry ? I feel more secure with links but just in case links is not an option for me. Sorry so long... and so many questions... don't want to let her go but I know the time is near. Thanks for any help
    05-01-18 12:09 PM
    Yes I have gotten the flashing red light. Don't understand it.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 11:52 PM
    Yes I have gotten the flashing red light. Don't understand it.

Posted via CB10
    Equate the flashing red lights to the blue screen of death.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-18 09:10 PM
    Proper EOL indeed... But on the Same time, we're Still waiting for the officially promised Classic Bronze edition... so, it's kinda dumb to remove the Classic from the feature Forums while we are expecting a New variant to be released...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-18 07:38 PM
    Proper EOL indeed... But on the Same time, we're Still waiting for the officially promised Classic Bronze edition... so, it's kinda dumb to remove the Classic from the feature Forums while we are expecting a New variant to be released...

Posted via CB10
    Time to stop expecting the bronze. BlackBerry has officially exited the device hardware business and stated they will produce no more devices. The only new devices will be BlackBerry Android devices produced under licence.
    Thud Hardsmack and john_v like this.
    06-01-18 07:51 PM