I had downloaded many files, videos, images, music and stuff using my BlackBerry classic browser..and it wz downloaded into downloads folder...bt suddenly everything in the downloads folder got reased...I lost all my files..i have a history of things that I downloaded in my classic in the downloads folder of the browser..bt when I take the file, it says the file is unavailable...why is this so? How can I get my files back?

Classic
    11-18-15 09:36 PM
    Files do not typically disappear on their own. Usually something has been removed or transferred manually to a different area and not always intentionally.

I'm assuming you haven't backed up your device. If you have that is your first option.

Have you done a general search in the file manager for each specific downloaded file and also it's file type? For example .mp3 in music folder, pdf in docs, jpeg in pics.

Were you using a media card? If so when in file manager make sure you access the device and media card download folders to ensure your downloads aren't stored in the alternate storage area.

You can also check the miscellaneous folder in file manager and then open up the android folder. Check for downloads hidden in the Android downloads.

I should add that clearing your browser download list doesn't delete your save downloads visible in file manager so hopefully they are hidden in some folder.

Apart from those suggestions you may be out of luck, although you can always try a reboot. You might get lucky.
    11-18-15 11:42 PM
    I'm using a media card..bt by browser usually downloads stuff to phone memory as my media card is almost full..i tried searching in the file manager and the general search but those files does not show up..and I havint even cleared history from my browser...and I'm sure that I havint deleted any files or folders from my phone..
    Cout it be an issue of any virus or something?

Classic
    11-19-15 02:06 AM
    Definitely not a virus. A corrupt file or application is possible, particularly if it is android.

Confirm your download location preference. If either the media card or the phone storage is limited it's possible that the downloads are just not being saved but you would generally receive some sort of error response. I do not believe that the system will automatically direct files to alternate storage when full.

A system error is always a possibility and as previously suggested you could try a reboot of the device by holding the power button for about 20 seconds to restart the device.

If the phone is otherwise working well keep searching through file manager. Good luck and back up your device. Even If the files are hidden at least you will have a saved version to potentially restore.
    11-19-15 02:34 AM
    Thank you

Classic
    11-19-15 06:41 AM